The mining industry offers exceptional career opportunities. Top graduates are highly sought after and receive some of the highest starting salaries. A high proportion of graduates also find work directly related to their degree.
Mining is a global business incorporating some of the world’s biggest companies and state of the art technology. It is an industry that enjoys sharing knowledge and developing the potential of the next generation.
The world economy and population continues to rise, driving an increasing demand for natural resources. In turn, this is fuelling a real shortage of skilled professionals.
A number of organisations offer students vacation work experience and internships, especially in engineering and geosciences. Scholarships may be available to students in their second year onwards. Mining professionals frequently go on to take a post graduate qualification after some practical experience.
Do you have what it takes?
Mining companies recruit graduates from a wide range of disciplines:
- Engineering: mining, mechanical, civil, electrical/control systems, chemical, surveying
- Science: geology, geosciences, geotechnical, environmental, metallurgy, chemistry, geophysics
- Business Functions: accounting/finance, business administration, marketing, health & safety, human resources, information technology, law, PR communications
Explore your prospects in mining
- Discover the many career opportunities available all over the world
- New talent is essential to the future of the industry