Area of Focus
The Technical Expert, Underground Expansion Ventilation will work with the national staff to plan, implement, control and maintain the technical and engineering aspects of the ventilation system in the assigned underground mine operations area by in-depth analysis and concepts. Support the Underground Mine and mentor the national staff to enhance and develop skills and knowledge.
This position (UG Exp. Vent) reports to the Superintendent for Big Gossan Mine Ventilation. The Big Gossan Mine is a transverse open-stope mine with delayed past fill that is currently ramping up to the designed production capacity of 7,000 tonnes per day. This mine ventilated by two 3.5 meter diameter, 1,600 kW Mixed Flow Fans. Fresh air enters the mine through several levels over the ±600 meter vertical extent, flowing downwards through ramp and fresh air raise, after exhausting from a level the ventilation returns flows upwards to the main fans, which are situated underground, before discharge through dedicated exhaust drifts. A Ventilation-on-Demand test platform is being developed in this mine to guide and assist the implementation of similar, larger scale systems at the block cave mines in the same mining district.
• Bachelor’s Degree (S1) Engineering, specializing in Mine Ventilation with minimum experience of 5 (five) years in mine ventilation. Master’s Degree (S2) is preferable.
• Knowledge in environmental hazards, monitoring and control methods.
• Must pass physical for underground mine conditions.
• Knowledge and experience to develop a sustainable ventilation system in underground mine.
• Proficient in providing AFE, ESR, and reports.
• Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Project Management experience.
• Possess supervisory /team leadership skills.
• Proficient in English communication and interpersonal skills required.
1. Observe the implementation of safety, environmental and job specific standards and procedures within work area to minimize accidents and damage to equipment while ensuring that tasks are completed in an effective and timely manner.
2. Assist assigned counterpart to update and maintain the statutory ventilation plans and periodic reports.
3. Develop, coach, and motivate national staff through various forms of training to enhance skills, knowledge and capability.
4. Provide engineering initiatives and applications for underground fans, ventilation doors and dust collectors including cost calculations, spare parts management, design, installation, maintenance and QC/QA in collaboration with Management, other Departments, Vendors and trade personnel to support the operations of ventilation system in Underground department.
5. Develop medium and long-term plans that cover the engineering calculations for ventilation shafts, drifts, number of fans, doors, and other related necessities by analyzing the on-going underground mine development to provide effective, engineered ventilation solutions.
6. Develop and calibrate mine ventilation models using dedicated software such as the VnetPC and ClimSIM. Apply these models to determine fan duties and size ventilation control devices to match the airflow requirements. Compare the simulator results against the field data to ensure reliable predictions.
7. Coordinate with Management on the purchase of new equipment by providing the necessary information and ensure that the purchase is made in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
8. Prepare AFEs for new capital projects with appropriate justifications and ensure that these are written to company standards.
9. Perform necessary administrative tasks related to capital projects including quality control on construction jobs, punch-lists, commissioning documents and prepare reports for management review.
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
• Relocation assistance/Expatriate Incentives.
• Generous travel allowances.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (FCX) is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. FCX operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum.
Qualified candidates are preferred to apply and/or submit resumes on line. Please click on the link which will direct you to this vacancy on the Freeport McMoRan website and follow the online application process.
If difficulty occurs with the provided link, please visit our website at: www.fcx.com. Go to International Jobs/Indonesia & Job#1105118.