Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations. This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, New Hampshire, Michigan, Illinois and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the position shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
Contribute technical expertise and leadership to drive impact, performance, and sustainability for advanced analytics digital tools that influence mining and mineral processing operations. Guide large/complex teams to define metrics and tools to fully measure performance and business impact of complex, data-driven technology. Proactively collaborate on ownership and sustained adoption of enterprise-wide advanced analytics technology and processes. Work closely with business, engineering, and technology team members, site GMs and leaders, and others to frame a problem, scope work, shape a solution, challenge the status quo, ask questions to drive innovative thinking, and capture value. Leverage Agile management practices and values to support sustainment and improvement opportunities.
- Proactively collaborate on the scope, vision, and roadmap of the solution in alignment stakeholder needs and the enterprise vision. Align and enable a team to achieve strategic goal based on scope and stakeholder needs. Continuously evaluate progress against a strategic vision in the form of roadmaps, objectives, and key results. Identify key process indicators to track value and use them as a cornerstone for team focus, priorities, and value tracking.
- Provide subject matter support for advanced analytics programs in coordination with other scientist, engineers, and subject matter experts. Identify opportunities to develop and sustain complex, data-driven technology by taking relevant feedback from users and defining clear objectives for technical support teams. Encourage rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Work closely with other scientist, engineers, and subject matter experts to define and drive development and sustainability of complex, data-driven technology, and advanced analytic digital tools. Build, refine and maintain a prioritized backlog through methods such as value complexity matrixes, customer/user surveys and touchpoints. Lead cross-functional relationships creating a safe culture for embracing change, strong collaboration, openness, and team accountability.
- Support customer centric activities to understand user pain points seeking to increase the adoption and value delivered from data-driven technology. Gathers relevant and impactful ideas to generate innovative ideas. Introduce new ideas because of benchmarking from top market peers. Identify industry trends by performing a competitor analysis. Create a vision after problem solving with relevant stakeholders and shares it with the team. Foster a positive culture within the team to regularly contribute and build impactful ideas.
- Prepare for status meetings with leadership and other stakeholders and craft explanations according to audience. Prepare reports and presentations to communicate with partners, and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and nine (9) years of related technical or engineering experience, including supervisory or lead experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field (mining, chemical, reliability, mechanical, etc.) and five (5) years of related technical or engineering experience, including supervisory or lead experience; OR
- Master’s degree in engineering or related field (mining, chemical, reliability, mechanical, etc.) and three (3) years of related technical or engineering, including supervisory or lead experience.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders with effective communications and leadership acumen, including top teams and junior colleagues
- Strong decision-maker and problem solver with ability to manage and lead teams to push analytics solutions in line with desired business value
- Ability to quickly learn and understand technical concepts, practices, technologies, protocols
- Impact-focused mindset and the drive to enable “the best day every day”
- Passion to challenge the status quo and devise analytics solutions with out-of-the-box thinking, collaboration, and a “safety-first” approach
- Not afraid to “roll up the sleeves” and seeks to go outside of comfort zone to learn and innovate – pushing teams to do the same in a non-hierarchical environment
- Embodies a creative mindset of abundance, discovery and partnership
- Deep experience leading teams in an Agile setting by participating in ceremonies, curating/prioritizing a cross-site product backlog, tracking team level metrics (e.g., burndown chart, release burn up, etc.), and removing blockers
- Proven knowledge of standard concepts, practices, technologies, safety protocols, and procedures across mine and mill value chain and site-specific operations
- Experience with designing or developing user-facing digital products
- Experience with an analytics-focused digital products and deep knowledge of data governance, analytics technologies, techniques and architecture
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment. As required work will be performed in a mine or processing setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required.
- Frequent travel to various U.S. mine sites and to international mine sites.
- Large amount of driving miles in Southwest U.S.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, Page 3 of 3 safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the
employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are
held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of
performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company
business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and
personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position
description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an
individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability