Provide technical expertise to set up and implement sustainable system and processes of all Electrical/Instrument aspects, in order to improve national employee skills in Electrical/Instrument activities in accordance with proper installation standards and company's policy and procedures.
Interfaces closely with Gen Supt Ore Flow Construction to ensure electrical and instrumentation infrastructure required for ore flow construction & commissioning is available at critical milestone dates.
Interfaces and with safety department and is responsible for application of & management of safety performance for all employees in the expansion project team. Ensure compliance to PTFI Fresh standards, Top Ten Risks and SOP’s.
1. Construction is prone to safety aspects, therefore safety meetings, safety motivation, or safety inspection is a necessary means to promote safety for counterparts and all persons involved.
2. Provide clear guidelines and information regarding construction activities to counterparts and clients for project completion according with customer requirement and support final customer satisfaction.
3. The incumbent has to fully understand the detail design and installation of all construction material and follow-up on necessary documentation.
4. Review and check equipment, electrical and instrument material utilization plan/requirements, including Material Take Offs (MTO) and schedule material delivery accordingly to ensure that material provision is in line with project schedule.
5. He/she should keep up with the technology transfer to counterparts of all types of construction methodology in order to effectively deal with technical challenges.
6. Due to ever-changing workloads, locations and types of work. He/she should be able to analyze and handle multiple projects effectively.
7. Review and ensure construction project planning, including the project's AFE documents to further plan and schedule of manpower and supervisory responsibility (project breakdown) for construction work to ensure that construction works accommodate all project requirements according to schedule and budgeted man-hours and meets company safety standards and procedures.
8. Review and ensure material and equipment utilization plan/requirements, including Material Take Offs (MTO) and schedule material delivery accordingly to ensure that material provision is in line with project schedule.
9. Provide input and work closely with cost control and scheduler in prepare and estimate monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for work in all projects to provide target and guidelines for specific work completion (submitted to Cost Controller) to provide specific work completion framework and targets that will further base bonus achievements.
10. Work in coordination with Field Engineering, review and ensure construction design drawings, prepare and markup as-built drawings (whenever necessary changes are made) and direct field construction work to make sure that the as-built construction is according to the design and that required by the client, including ensure proper changes and the revisions are properly recorded and filed.
11. Train, develop, and assist construction counterparts with the necessary knowledge and skill requirements to further improve their performance attributes and responsibilities.
12. Develop engineering scope & deliverables required for known omissions in engineering for 13.8kV power feeders to mine ventilation, underground ore flow system and various fixed facilities both surface and underground.
13. Provide clear scope of responsibilities at interfaces between PTFI & third-party contractors to ensure no engineering, procurement or construction scope is missed and battery limits are clearly defined for projects.
14. Conduct, control, and coordinate with other field disciplines the field-testing and calibration of related construction work and together with Chief Engineer Startup and Commissioning helping to prepare handover packages to make sure that clients receive equipment according to design and requirements.
15. Provide detailed scope of works documentation for third party contractors to the contracts department.
16. Prepare detailed project coordination plans, construction execution plans (Constructability), equipment & material management plans, resource loading, equipment needs and develop contract management plans.
17. Provide assistance to UG Expansion project manager on setting priorities and schedules for engineering work in order to ensure the design master schedule is in place and all engineering deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
18. Review the design calculations, drawings, and specifications, in order to ensure compliance with company and government, national and international regulations, standards, and procedures.
19. Liaise with superior to review and update standards and procedures, in order to comply with changes to government and international standards and regulations.
20. Perform a lead role as a Project Engineer (PE) on the conceptual engineering work of the technically demanding critical or novel engineering projects, in order to ensure these projects are completed successfully and that national engineers gain a wider range of experience.
21. Monitor and supervise material take-off (MTO) and ensure project estimates are completed in compliance with the existing procedures in a timely manner with a minimum of errors.
22. Review monthly actual activities against the plan and budget, in order to ensure the achievement of department objectives within the allocated resources.
23. Communicate, organize, and control the implementation of Company's policies and procedures, in order to ensure departments perform their duties in a safe manner and environmentally conscious.
24. Develop, monitor, evaluate, and appraise performance and potential capabilities of department, to contribute the development of professional team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with twelve (12) years of experience in a related field or equivalent of education and experience, preferably.
• Six (6) years of experience in project engineering design on heavy industrial projects preferably related to mining and infrastructure development covering the design and construction experience as a Project Engineer or Construction Manager in mining and/or infrastructure construction projects.
• Six (6) years of experience managing multidisciplinary design projects work including materials estimating, project scheduling, and project budget development.
• Advanced technical knowledge of engineering design and analysis techniques.
• Computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project scheduling software either or Primavera or Microsoft Project.
• Ability to interpret customers' engineering requirements and to conceptualize engineering solutions by application of advanced technical engineering knowledge to a diverse range of project applications.
• Ability to coordinate multidisciplinary projects to meet customers' specific performance requirements for quality, cost and completion targets.
• Ability to train and develop national engineers to advance their professional abilities and pass on technical knowledge to the junior engineers.
• Ability to prepare project budgets, schedules and cost benefit analysis for project work to determine cost effective engineering solutions.
• Ability to analyze and plan engineering design work and resource requirements to balance the demands of a large number of customers.
• Ability to prepare technical specifications and documents for the specification of engineering technical services and products.
• Ability to plan and supervise the work of the Technical Consultants.
• Medium voltage power distribution (35kV and below) switchgear and MC cables a plus.
• Medium and low voltage motor control with metering and relaying experience.
• Knowledgeable on the NFPA 70, National Electrical Code (NEC).
• Knowledgeable on the NFPA 70E, Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
• Underground mining experience a plus.
• Low and Medium Voltage Variable Frequency Drives experience.
• Allen-Bradley PLC, MCC and VFD knowledge a plus.
• Fluent in English (oral and written) and willing to learn Bahasa.