Climax Molybdenum is the world’s leading producer of molybdenum and has a long, successful history of doing business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner. We have operated in Colorado for more than 100 years and today have mining and milling operations near Leadville, Kremmling and Empire. Our Climax mine is located between Frisco and Leadville. Our Henderson mine and mill are an hour’s drive apart – separated by the Continental Divide and a 15-mile conveyor system (10 miles is underground). The Henderson mine is about 50 miles west of Denver and 10 miles west of Empire, and the mill is located between Dillon and Kremmling.
Climax Molybdenum has the assets, drive and financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers. Take time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at one of our sites – the Climax mine and the Henderson mine and / or mill. Live life at the top!
Under close supervision, assists in providing technical support and guidance for water treatment; ensuring compliance to all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Acts as the Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC) for the site. Accountable for the operation and maintenance of the facility and are responsible for understanding the requirements of the applicable permits, laws and regulations.
- Analyses data for compliance with regulatory requirements and makes operational guidelines/suggestion as appropriate.
- Trains staff on processes, job tasks, equipment, tests and other as necessary.
- Assists in the installation, operation and maintenance of monitoring instruments and testing equipment. Makes recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Prepares and maintains detailed records and files of test data.
- May provide leadership to technicians as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a High School Diploma or GED. Five (5) years’ experience in environmental monitoring, sampling and reporting as an Environmental technician or in a closely related role.
- License Requirements for Colorado Certified Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC) at or above the following levels
- B Industrial water treatment
- B Drinking Water
- 1 Collections
- 1 Distribution
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must have prior Industrial water treatment operator experience (minimum 3 years, or 1.5 years + scientific bachelor’s degree)
- Must have prior Drinking water treatment operator experience (minimum 3 years, or 1.5 years + scientific bachelor’s degree)
- Familiarity with operation and maintenance of microfiltration units and activated sludge treatment
- Experience in operation and maintenance of treatment plant instrumentation and controls
- Experience in maintenance of treatment plant equipment, including pumps and motors
- Experience with water quality sampling, monitoring and measurement
- Ability to gather and analyze process data, create reports, and present findings
- Make data based recommendations for improvements
- Mathematical and/or statistical understanding of data analysis
- Proficient in excel and/or other statistical software
- Proficient in MS office tools
- Familiarity with SQL systems
- Familiarity with DCS systems
- Ability to serve as the training lead for the department and develop training programs
- Ability to support other Colorado operations as needed
- Education/experience with water management, process design and water/waste water treatment.
- Experience with metal mining operations and tailings storage facilities.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written workand safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to jobassignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressfulenvironment
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Benefits & Compensation
The company provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package offering health and welfare benefits, paid time off, retirement, and more. These benefits are available to you and your eligible dependents on your first day of employment. Some of your benefits are company paid, and you will pay a portion of other benefits. The company pays the greatest portion of your benefits, passing along only a fraction of the total cost to employees. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
Rate of pay dependent on competency, experience, qualifications and skills
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability