Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations. This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, New Hampshire, Michigan, Illinois and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the position shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
Freeport-McMoRan is looking for a creative and detailed-oriented Digital Content and Social Media Specialist to join its high-performing Communications team. The Digital Content and Social Media Specialist will be responsible for producing and managing branded content, creative and make strategic data-driven decisions with the goal of continuing to earn trust with key stakeholders and build affinity with target online/social audiences.
- Research and implement strategies for Freeport-McMoRan’s corporate digital content ecosystem. Create, write and manage dynamic organic and paid content. Enhance corporate digital storytelling, reputation management and amplification strategy.
- Develop content, manage schedules and provide counsel / direction on corporate digital strategies (editorial content calendar, creative branded content mix, use of analytics/data).
- Track and measure results by actively engaging and monitoring the administration of the social media platforms, including social listening, reporting and engagement activities. Analyze key performance indicators to provide communications insights, informing the team of trends and best practices to improve outcomes
- Support the team on additional corporate-wide initiatives such as meeting production, producing content for internal websites, video strategy and email and newsletter communications.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Works in fast-paced environment with frequent conflicting priorities.
- Interacts with all levels of the organization, vendors and customers.
- Works under minimal supervision. Has latitude to prioritize daily work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communications, English or similar field and five (5) years of experience in Digital Content or Mass Communications with an emphasis on social media or related experience OR
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communications, English or similar field, AND three (3) years of experience in Digital Content or Mass Communications with an emphasis on social media or related experience
- Extensive experience in the use of social media platforms and tools, social media writing, editing and monitoring
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Experience with Social Media platform-specific strategies that start conversations
- Familiarity with basic graphic design with software
- Experience developing bold, imaginative initiatives
- Strong social media writing skills
- Graphic design and production
- Ability to turn long-form writing into concise social media content consistent with the company’s voice and tone
- Excellent command of grammar and knowledge of AP writing style
- Thorough understanding of writing strategies and tactics
- Strong editing and verbal communications skills
- High level of professional integrity and discretion
- Skilled at collaborating within and outside of department
- Strong work ethic and able to work at a fast pace, while maintaining high accuracy and quick turnaround time on assigned projects
- Ability to work with sensitive information and oversee high-visibility projects and processes
- Ability to work effectively in an environment subject to changing priorities and short deadlines
- Experience in a multi-location organization with multi-national/global communications and mining, natural resources or similar industry
- Excellent social media, video, photography skills
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator. Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safey-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability