Climax Molybdenum is the world’s leading producer of molybdenum and has a long, successful history of doing business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner. We have operated in Colorado for more than 100 years and today have mining and milling operations near Leadville, Kremmling and Empire. Our Climax mine is located between Frisco and Leadville. Our Henderson mine and mill are an hour’s drive apart – separated by the Continental Divide and a 15-mile conveyor system (10 miles is underground). The Henderson mine is about 50 miles west of Denver and 10 miles west of Empire, and the mill is located between Dillon and Kremmling.
Climax Molybdenum has the assets, drive and financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers. Take time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at one of our sites – the Climax mine and the Henderson mine and / or mill. Live life at the top!
Deliver competency based learning and assessment to a culturally diverse range of learners in on job and off job situations. Contribute as a member of a larger team of educational professionals, at all times demonstrating those behaviors that fully support technical training values and Freeport-McMoRan SHE policies and procedures.
- Deliver/facilitate on and off the job Competency Based Development in field of expertise in order to meet customer development needs and quality standards
- Assist to create competency based learning materials so that learning programs delivered achieve their intended learning outcomes
- Assist to create competency based assessment tools, professionally conduct on and off the job competency assessments in field of expertise in order to ensure assessment standards are met
- Assist to schedule and communicate learning programs, follow schedules to ensure that programs are delivered as planned
- Accurately record and report participant learning and assessment results so that participant records are consistently kept up to date and recorded in the company learning management system
- Respond to customer learning and development requirements. Provide appropriate technical support and advise in order to assist, meet/exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrate competence in the principles of application of competency based learning so that development programs delivered and assessed meet quality standards
- Demonstrate behaviors that match technical training values, follow and apply Freeport-McMoRan policies and procedures in order to be a role model for development program participants
- Perform other duties as required
- Achieved a level of technical competence equivalent to that of an Assistant Instructor, Master Tradesperson, or similar level of proven competency andseven (7) years of directly related work experience, OR
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of directly related work experience
- Qualifications in the delivery and assessment of competency based learning programs
- Skill in analytical thinking
- Demonstrate behaviors that match technical training values, follow and apply Freeport-McMoRan SHE policies and procedures in order to be a role model for development program participants
- Demonstrate competence in the principles and application of competency based learning so that development programs delivered and assessed meet CBD standards
- Understand and competently apply professionally accepted principles to adult learning so that learners are given maximum opportunity to develop job competence
We have Technical Instructor/Facilitator opportunities in the following departments:
Heavy Equipment Maintenance - Henderson Mine (Empire, CO)
Henderson Mine - Heavy Equipment Maintenance Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge in troubleshooting mobile heavy equipment and system/component diagnostics of, replacement, and repairs such as: power trains, hydraulic systems, electrical low voltage systems, engines, pneumatics / AC systems, and frames.
- Certified MSHA instructor (Blue Card)
Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toed boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment
- Employee will be required to work in environments which may include exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by state laws
Benefits & Compensation
The company provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package offering health and welfare benefits, paid time off, retirement, and more. These benefits are available to you and your eligible dependents on your first day of employment. Some of your benefits are company paid, and you will pay a portion of other benefits. The company pays the greatest portion of your benefits, passing along only a fraction of the total cost to employees. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
Rate of pay dependent on competency, experience, qualifications and skills
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability