Provide supervision, knowledge and expertise on inventory, logistics and warehouses in support to our camps, catering and food and beverages activities.
To achieve this the incumbent will liaise with all different functions within the strategic planification camps and catering department as well as the camps and catering contractors, the purchasing offices, and the Global Supply Chain group to enable a safe, hygienic, effective and efficient food and beverage supply chain support.
The incumbent will also provide training to national staff employees and contractors on the food and beverage warehouse and inventory to meet the company requirements.
1. Serve as the central point of communication between all parties involved with providing items and materials for the food and beverages activities. These groups include, all sites mess hall and camps, hotel, café, restaurants, KPI Transport Cargo, Central Services, off site purchasing, Global Supply Chain.
2. Provide regular updates on the status of food items and materials requirements in support to the food and beverage activity, including advice on any high-risk areas or requirements for escalations.
3. Participate and provide leadership in regular meetings within SPCC department, catering and camps contractors as well as vendors to ensure alignment and understanding on food items and material requirements, status of delivery, constraints that are imposed and matters requiring escalation. Facilitate an understanding of each group’s challenges to minimize wasted time and effort.
4. Make recommendations for improvement in all aspects of the business which support food and beverages delivery for the catering and commercial activities and implement these improvements with the target of increasing the efficiency, accuracy, reliability, and velocity of delivery.
5. Evaluate and recommend improvements to food and beverages supply chain process, including safety, hygiene, packaging, warehousing, inventory management, transportation.
6. Provide assistance and expertise in the design and implementation of processes systems and physical location to store and manage food and beverages required for our camp, catering, and commercial activities as well as the design and implementation of process to receive and verify food and beverages needed to our operation.
7. Serve as a subject matter expert in the implementation of new SAP functionality to better manage and track materials.
8. Serve as a subject matter expert in the proper storage practices of food and beverages including fresh and cold storages for our camp, catering and commercial activities. This includes interfacing with suppliers to enforce specific packaging, hygiene rules, respect of cold chain, freshness, preemption dates and interfaces with end users to understand the timing of food and beverage usage.
9. Liaise with Security and Risk Management Group to enforce proper security measures and protocols required to protects our food and beverages items. This includes working with third party experts and contractors to understand best practices, managing the budget, approval and implementation of physical security controls in all relevant storage locations.
10. Liaise with KPI Cargo Transport and Global Supply Chain Group to ensure priorities for food and beverages are well communicated and understood. Liaise the camp and catering contractor to make sure that all food and beverages are suitably prepared for timely loading and unloading in order not to disturb the transport operation and schedule.
11. Provide expertise and recommendation throughout the design and implementation of containers tracking system and cold chain tracking system. Serve in a leadership role for the eventual expansion of these systems.
12. Provide assistance and support to continue the development of the camps, catering and commercial logistic activities which enables a key strategic transformation in the food and beverage supply chain. This includes supporting the supporting and development and refinement of the strategy, providing recommendations to optimize the workflow and space requirements, working with SPCC Manager to establish a supply chain plan to guarantee timely delivery of food and beverages to keep the operation running and avoid any delays and shortage of stock.
13. Represent strategic planning camps and catering group with others in the organization and support their food and beverage needs as necessary. This includes participating in meeting with end users, updating food and beverages status, conflict resolution and process improvement.
14. Enforce the implementation of company safety and environmental policies to achieve all operational activities in line with such policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five (5) years of experience OR a High School Diploma/Certificate or GED and ten (10) years of experience.
- Expert level knowledge in inventory management, warehousing and logistics, and advanced knowledge in other areas of the supply chain.
- Functional knowledge and experience in catering and food and beverage logistics.
- Concern for Safety and Environment – Reflects an underlying drive to create safety-working environment or prevent accidents in the surrounding environment.
- Highly proactive and achievement oriented.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Highly focused toward satisfying customer requirements.
- Integrity – Acting in a way that is consistent with what one says.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- High level communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and willing to learn Bahasa.
- Advanced knowledge of Business Objects including an understanding of objects, universes, and strong report development skills.
- Expert knowledge in inventory management, warehousing, and logistics, with functional knowledge in all other aspects of the supply chain.
- Advanced knowledge of the Enterprise Resource Planning application (SAP) and advanced knowledge in computer and computer software operations with specific functional expertise in the Warehouse Management (WM), Remote Logistics Management and SAP Mobile modules of SAP.
- Complex Project Management and long-term planning skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of finance and accounting.