Reports to: Senior Geologist
Location: USA – Nye County, NV
Requirement: Must have valid U.S. work authorization to be considered
AngloGold Ashanti North America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE OF ROLE:
Advance exploration and development projects in Beatty primarily through participation in core and RC chip logging and field programs. Focuses time and energy on tasks that have a targeted completion time of 1-12 months.
• Ensure optimum work performance (quantity vs. quality) and precise reporting of self and contractors.
• Supervise contractors to ensure tasks and field activities are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
Ensure you and your team work safely:
• Demonstrate and encourage a proactive safety culture within the team and the organization.
• Ensure rapid and effective communication of any significant incidents to the management team
• Implement and enforce Beatty Project protocols and procedures to safely manage all operations (safety management system).
• Monitor and recommend improvements to enhance the effectiveness of the safety management system, and requisite behaviors and practices.
• Identify safety risks and resolve emerging issues, escalating issues and safety risks that impact other areas.
• Ensure appropriate resources are applied to achieve safety objectives.
• Model behavior that is consistent with the AGA’s Vision, Values and Procedures.
• Support the Senior Geologist in implementing the desired vision, performance expectations and culture of the team.
• Ensure efficient and prompt communication of any changes, issues or other areas of interest relevant to reporting or support groups
• Stimulate effective team communication to maximize team efficiency and effectiveness
• Assist the Senior Geologist to prepare timely and accurate detailed reports, presentations, maps, plans and sections to meet management and stakeholder requirements.
• Execute exploration work programs to target economic mineralization. Ensure the programs take account of the complexities of the sites and compliance requirements (e.g.: claim boundaries, known exclusion zones, etc.) and required approvals are obtained. Work with the supervising geologist on priority and scheduling.
• Supervise exploration sampling within the limits of knowledge and liaise with supervising geologist to maintain high quality sampling practice.
• Under guidance from the supervising geologist, manage activities in the field and core shed in a safe and sustainable manner.
• Supervise contractors in the field to implement the plans. Ensure that work is completed in accordance with the HSEC requirements / standards.
• Liaise with the field support team regarding field activities such as inventory, equipment needs, geotechnical logging. Ensure support-staff are familiar with training documents and procedures are being followed.
• Maintain and supervise high quality data collection and ensure that relevant information is captured.
• Ensure appropriate quality control procedures are being implemented, including reviewing the samples reported. Ensure security of all samples and analytical results and ensure confidentiality of all commercially sensitive information.
• Analyze results to identify areas for addition exploration work. Contribute to the design of work programs or make recommendations to the supervising geologist as appropriate.
• Utilize geophysical datasets, project geological mapping and drilling to develop geological models, define major structural deformation, mineralizing and metamorphic events, all with the aim of understanding and developing new exploration targets
• Remain abreast of internal and external research and technology developments. Critically assess conclusions of the research and make recommendations for applying the research in the exploration process
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
REQUIRED GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• BSc or higher (preferred) in a Geoscience-related degree.
• Valid driver’s license and proficiency in operating 4WD vehicles.
• First aid certification required but can be undertaken after employment.
• Experience in exploration and within the gold sector preferred but not required.
• Experience in epithermal, porphyry, and/or Carlin mineralization styles is preferred
• Exposure to training or experience in geochemistry, structural geology, geological mapping, GIS, sampling methods, drilling and geophysical interpretation.
• Strong awareness of, and ability to manage, safety, health, community and environmental
requirements in the workplace and at the project site.
• Performs activities with limited supervision while remaining within agreed boundaries of activities, methodologies, and company policies & procedures.
• Able to manage costs while achieving desired expected outcomes.
• Fosters a positive team environment
• Able to collaborate well with others, and willing to act as a mentor to both peers and junior staff in areas of expertise
AGANA BENEFITS: Paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Rx Insurance, Flexible Spending401(k) and 401(k) matching, Employee Assistance, Disability insurance, Paid time off, Holidays and Bonus Program.
You are invited to submit an application, giving full details of your qualifications and experience by email to USDNDenverHR@anglogoldashanti.com by close of business on July 22, 2022.
Please note that all applicants not contacted by July 29, 2022 should consider their application unsuccessful.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a full-time and predominantly field based position. Rotating schedule working 8 days on, 6 days off, 10-hour workdays are typical but may be adjusted to reflect periods dedicated to office based or other non-field related activities.