Direct, plan, review and control the Concentrating Technical Services Department and the Concentrating Expansion Department. Manage the Technical Services Department (consisting of Metallurgical, Engineering, Corrosion Control, and Assay Laboratories (QA/QC)) in providing technical support for the Concentrating Division supporting operations in safely achieving daily, monthly and annual production targets within established operating and capital budgets and ensure it is in line with company policies. This position also manages, plans, directs, and executes projects with the Concentrating Expansion Department required in line with division requirements to comply with the long-term mine development plan. Support the Concentrating Division with technical analysis and project management support for future capital projects to support the new underground ores from GBC, KL, and DMLZ, including liaison with PHX/NOLA corporate strategic metallurgy and Engineering.
- Evaluate and develop Concentrating Technical Services Department procedures, to provide clear guidance for subordinates in performing their tasks.
- Direct, plan and control operating, capital and manpower budgets for the Concentrating Technical Services Department to support activities and ensure alignment with plan and allocation.
- Manage the execution of expansion project analysis to ensure division input and site control over mill expansion projects and circuit changes to accommodate future ore processing.
- Liaison with PHX Corporate Strategic Planning group to ensure long-term plans have site input and ownership.
- Respond to needs of department managers/division VP and provide technical support as required on expansion and capital projects for the division.
- Create and manage a portfolio of AFE projects and budgets, with full responsibility and authority over said projects to comply with division's budget. Liaison with the NOLA and CSE groups along with EPCM contractors to ensure that Concentrating projects are handled in a manner which brings projects to completion on time and under budget.
- Prepare and review Concentrating Division technical reports, to ensure the accuracy of data and timely submission.
- Liaison with other site departments to ensure Concentrating needs are met on projects which interface across divisional boundaries.
- Direct, control and evaluate Concentrating Metallurgical Services, Engineering, Special Projects and QA/QC activities to ensure adequate support is provided to all departments within the Concentrator Division and PTFI, maximizing production and efficiency to create value for the company.
- Direct, review and control all planned and unplanned Concentrating Division Capital Projects (and Concentrating Capital Projects that are originated by NOLA as well) including cost control and reporting, to ensure the projects are running properly, in line with plan and ensure proper allocation of cost.
- Direct, review and control all Corrosion Control efforts across the division, to ensure long term reliability of the infrastructure and equipment.
- Identify and recommend process and/or equipment improvements to enhance Ore processing performance and reduce costs.
- Identify project timelines and execution plans to minimize production impacts and maximize revenue for the company.
- Create, implement, improve, and maintain project controls and execution models to ensure projects are handled in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Direct Concentrating Technical Services Department and Concentrating Expansion groups towards continuous improvement.
- Direct, review and control master list of materials to ensure preparation, maintenance and updating process of master list are running well and in line with the plan.
- Liaise with Grasberg, Underground, PTFI Management and the Strategic Planning group in NOLA, in order to ensure the short, medium and long-term objectives of company in relation to metallurgical, process control and industrial automation systems are developed.
- Develop and coordinate short, medium and long term Metallurgical, Process Control and Engineering priorities for PTFI to ensure short term needs are addressed and long-term planning is well established.
- Liaise, establish good relations and communicate with all related groups in Concentrating Division, in order to improve the operation and achieve production targets.
- Direct, review and control daily, biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on production for internal and external use.
- Direct, evaluate and conduct on job training for subordinates to enhance their knowledge and skill in performing their tasks.
- Direct, control and modify, where necessary, environmental and safety standard operating procedures to ensure the procedures are being followed during all related.
- Plan and coordinate succession plans for subordinates and implement necessary transfers and changes to accomplish plan.
- Analyze projects through post-mortem and delta plus techniques on cost control, scheduling, planning and construction to provide data to department for project execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical, Mineral Processing, Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in mineral processing plants with proven engineering and troubleshooting skills.
- Project Management experience on multiple large capital projects (>$100 million USD), with experience and background sufficient to handle multiple, complex, large-scale projects simultaneously.
- Metallurgy understanding and experience in troubleshooting and optimizing circuits.
- Mineral processing skill and understanding of business processes to maximize value generation.
- Human Resources Management knowledge and experience dealing with multiple cultural impacts.
- Motivational and leadership/managerial skills to develop a functional team that effectively works across divisional boundaries. Ability to liaison globally and across multiple divisions/departments to execute projects in a challenging environment.
- Complex logistics comprehension and management.
- Understanding of mineral processing business drivers, and their relationship to current and future ore processing.
- Ability to interpret long-term mine plans and their relationship to current and future processing equipment requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Highly proactive and achievement oriented, focused on satisfying customer requirements.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer