Provide professional technical expertise, technology transfer and advice. Deliver competency-based learning and assessment activities to a culturally diverse range of learners in on-job and off-job situations. Contribute as a recognized technical expert member of a large team of technical and educational professionals. Assist the General Superintendent in the underground (UG) mine training to create and provide technical training program based on client need to ensure the monthly and annual development and production targets are achieved in a safe, effective, efficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrate behaviors that match company values; follow and apply company Safety Standards and policies and procedures; set the right example; be a role model and coach for employees, instructors, and apprentices so that employees and learners are encouraged to demonstrate the correct behaviors at all times
- Assist General Superintendent of Mine Training on the planning and implementation of monthly targets, plans and line up (liaise with Underground Operation group) to ensure targets are met in timely manner.
- Demonstrate competence in the principles and application of competency-based learning; coach colleagues on Mining Methods, UG equipment, skills and Operations, development programs delivered and assessed meet competency-based development standards.
- Professionally deliver/facilitate Mining Methods, UG equipment, skills and Operations for on and off the job Competency Based Development in field of expertise; coach colleagues in order to meet client development needs and quality standards.
- Develop and coach national apprentices, employees and instructors in the correct technical procedures & techniques for Mining Methods, UG equipment, skills and Operations in order to assist these learners to achieve the required level of on job competence.
- Actively monitor on and off job development of apprentices /operators, so that their development takes place according to company policies and procedures.
- Create on and off job competency-based learning materials and assessment tools for Mining Methods, UG equipment, skills and Operations; coach colleagues so that on job learning programs delivered and assessed, achieve their intended learning outcomes. Work with training and Operation team to develop SOPs related to Mining Methods and Equipment Operations.
- Respond to client learning and development requirements, provide appropriate technical support and advice in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Develop, mentor and coach apprentices, operators and instructors to maintain and achieve a high level of individual work performance, in order to help learners to develop a thorough and practical understanding of what a quality product/service means.
- Conduct on job competency assessments and technical work performance evaluations of apprentices, employees and instructors, in order to assist learners to achieve the required level of job competence.
- Provide an expert technical support service to client related to Mining Methods, Underground Equipment, Skills and Operations, in order to assist clients to problem identification and diagnose challenging technical problems that occur (e.g.: Abutment, wet muck, etc.). The mining methods include but are not limited to; underground mining knowledge, underground mining techniques, underground mining technologies, underground ground support knowledge and understanding as well as underground equipment training.
- Conduct training and mentoring to increase technology knowledge and exposure to enhance the overall team knowledge (Staff and Non-Staff) to the professional standard, in order to share better knowledge with national employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years of proven experience in operation, planning and projects in world class mining operation of which three (3) years has been spent working in a senior supervisory role.
- Must have formal Workplace Training and Assessment qualifications (minimum level of a Certificate 4) in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of competency-based learning programs with a minimum of five (5) years directly related educational administration experience.
- Must have Underground Training knowledge and experience with underground mining technique skills.
- Must be able to work in underground conditions.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skill.
- Highly proactive and achievement oriented.
- Highly focused toward satisfying customer requirements.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce
- Proficient using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (MS Office).
- Good understanding in basic geological knowledge (rocks type and structure).
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and willing to learn Bahasa.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Concern for safety and environmental.
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer