Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations . This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the positions shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
Under general supervision, leads Sustainability/Responsible Sourcing projects and participates in system implementations and updates, serves as the SME for Sustainability/Responsible Sourcing functions, and contributes to reporting/data enrichment activities.
- Leads and participates in projects and initiatives focused on developing & implementing the GSC Sustainability / Responsible Sourcing program; includes the implementation of new or enhanced Responsible Sourcing processes at all sites.
- Reviews Compliance & Responsible Sourcing information to evaluate new and existing suppliers based on risk. Monitors supplier sustainability performance.
- Participates in the development, communication, and training of corporate Sustainability/Responsible Sourcing processes, systems and strategies.
- Provides knowledge sharing on relevant Sustainability / Responsible Sourcing information from external contacts, industry groups, consultants and NGOs.
- Reports corporate-wide results/metrics relative to program performance (i.e. number of suppliers evaluated, local spend, spend with Minority and Women owned business, etc.).
- Works with Channel Management, FCX procurement professionals and suppliers to address remediation and capacity building based on results of supplier assessments (i.e. SAQ, audits, etc.). Coordinates with site GSC and Community Development team members to support initiatives to enhance economic opportunities for local communities.
- Interacts with Sustainability and Human Rights Teams and be an integral part of driving change processes, including participation on internal committees and working groups.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related discipline and six (6) years combined experience in inventory management, sustainability, system & project management and analysis projects preferably related to reporting, auditing, supply chain and/or program management required; OR
- Master's degree in Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related discipline and four (4) years combined experience in inventory management, system & project management and analysis projects preferably related to reporting, auditing, supply chain and/or program management required
- Knowledge of supply chain management strategies and concepts
- Knowledge of supply chain policies and procedures
- Knowledge of audit procedures
- Knowledge of relevant Sustainability topics (i.e. OECD, UN SDGs, UN Global Compact, Human Rights, etc.)
- Business skills/acumen relevant to the mining sector
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as SAP and Business Objects
- Skill in researching and analyzing information related to vendors, contractors, applicable Responsible Sourcing and Sustainability topics
- Skill in analyzing information of considerable difficulty and drawing valid conclusions
- Skill in using computer databases to research, maintain, update records and files
- Skill in handling and prioritizing multiple projects
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with general office equipment such as a personal computer and keyboard, facsimile machines and photocopier
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Some travel to company operating sites may be required
- Five (5) years of work experience in sustainable supply chain issues
- Bilingual in Spanish and English language (verbal and written)
- Experience with supply chain mapping
- Knowledge of GRI Reporting and other Sustainability reporting metrics related to Supply Chain
- Prior experience implementing a responsible sourcing program for multi-national company
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator
- Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in an outdoor or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability