Climax Molybdenum is the world’s leading producer of molybdenum and has a long, successful history of doing business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner. We have operated in Colorado for more than 100 years and today have mining and milling operations near Leadville, Kremmling and Empire. Our Climax mine is located between Frisco and Leadville. Our Henderson mine and mill are an hour’s drive apart – separated by the Continental Divide and a 15-mile conveyor system (10 miles is underground). The Henderson mine is about 50 miles west of Denver and 10 miles west of Empire, and the mill is located between Dillon and Kremmling.
Climax Molybdenum has the assets, drive and financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers. Take time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at one of our sites – the Climax mine and the Henderson mine and / or mill. Live life at the top!
Under general supervision safely maintain, install, and repair multiple types of instrumentation and electrical systems and equipment in support of a Mill/Processing site.
- Perform system repairs/troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on instrumentation systems in the following: Reclaim Tunnel Area, Primary Mills, Regrind Mills, Leach Area, Packing Area, Boiler Room, Reagent Areas, Acid House, General Mill Area, Conveyor Equipment, Air System and Water Systems
- Install and replace instrumentation systems including 1000v and below splicing and termination; conduit installation, instrumentation control loops and development of all documentation for new installations
- Operate test equipment and prints including multiple forms of recorders, computer driven software diagnostic equipment, temperature calibration equipment, frequency meters, oscilloscopes, all types of digital voltmeter, radio calibration unit, radiation meters, all gas calibration equipment, and all pressure calibration equipment
- Act as Fill-in Supervisor as needed
Train and mentor other Electrical/Instrumentation employees
- May be required to use the following mobile equipment: bucket trucks, forklifts, light duty vehicles, and high-lift trucks
- Review, revise and create SOP’s
- Develop preventative maintenance documents for instrumentation equipment newly installed
- Perform other duties as required
- Completion of an approved Certified Electronics, Electrical and/or Instrumentation program, OR
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Industrial Electrical and/or Instrumentation repair and maintenance, OR
- Associate's degree or Trade School Certification in a related field and two (2) years of experience in Industrial Electrical and/or Instrumentation repair and maintenance
- PLC programing and troubleshooting
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- Valid Drivers License
- Strong Electrical background
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees – offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
The estimated pay range for this role is currently $30.00 - $41.00/hour. This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process.
Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Equal Opportunity Employer