Performs highly complex Human Resources related duties at the professional level and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, labor relations, recruitment, training, compliance, and recognition. Administers HR policies and procedures. Collects and analyzes HR data, assists the HR Manager with tasks as assigned and makes recommendations to Management. Mentors and coaches fellow HR team members.
- Act as Company’s sole representative during legal and binding arbitration, appeal’s board and open door processes to settle disputes with employees.
- Lead employment and compliance based investigations.
- Collaborate with site HR and Operations leadership to provide advice on HR and labor regulatory issues; this may include acting as a mentor or supervisor for other HR team members.
- Collaborates with leadership in effective performance management (ensures alignment with policies and procedures) and coaches on developing effective pipeline and succession plans.
- Implement projects and HR improvements as directed by leadership; facilitating change management, engagement, coaching and advising of stakeholders.
- Responsible for protecting and maintaining privacy of employee personnel records, including compensation information
- Implement HR goals, processes, practices and systems to build organizational and individual capability (i.e., staffing, performance management, training & development, employee relations).
- Guides leaders and employees regarding Company policies, values, HR programs and monitors for compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Analyzes and uses HR metrics, such as turnover, time system data and overtime reports, to determine appropriate action. Including supporting workforce planning and forecasting initiatives.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma/GED AND ten (10) years related industrial or manufacturing employee relations experience with a minimum of three (3) years Generalist experience
- Bachelor’s degree AND five (5) years Professional Human Resources experience, with a minimum of two (2) years Generalist experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years related industrial or manufacturing employee relations experience with a minimum of three (3) years Generalist experience; OR
- Master’s degree AND three (3) years Professional Human Resources experience, with a minimum of two (2) years Generalist experience; OR
- Master’s degree and four (4) years related industrial or manufacturing employee relations experience with a minimum of three (3) years Generalist experience.
- Understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Understanding of and experience with most or all of the core aspects of Human Resources Management (staffing, employee relations, labor relations, performance management, leadership development, training, etc…).
- Experience working within a dispute resolution process.
- Experience in independently leading an investigation process.
- Experience in addressing complex employee relations issues autonomously.
- Experience in independently handling routine and complex scenarios utilizing various resources.
- Experience leading a project to completion.
- Ability to address and resolve workplace conflicts
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism, poise and diplomacy skills. Standing by decisions.
- Ability to coach and influence leadership at all levels of the organization
- Must possess consultative/collaborative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners.
- Must be a confident communicator, including written and verbal skills, effective at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ambiguous business conditions.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and absolute confidentiality.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities that encompass amongst other things, a positive disposition, high level of accountability, motivating others, adapting to change, expressing confidence, encouraging & developing others to succeed, inspiring ideas, cultivates a positive team culture that creates a caring and inclusive environment, and seeking out ways to serve others.
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related discipline
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- Mining or Industrial setting experience
- Experience leading a dispute resolution process (leading arbitrations, etc)
- Willingness to work flexible hours as necessary and able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds during the course of the workday
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees – offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
The estimated annual pay range for this role is currently $79,000-$109,000. This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process.
Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Equal Opportunity Employer