(This role may be located in Tokyo, Jakarta or open to all areas in Australia. This is a work from home/remote role that requires travel more than 50% of the time.)
Provides leadership, mentorship, and oversight of Capital Project Controls teams for all of our large capital and expansion projects within a designated region. Responsible for implementation and training of best practices for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Hires and manages project controls personnel. Responsible for ensuring open communication and information from Project teams to Corporate Management.
1. Mentor and manage a large staff of project controls team members, ensure project is staffed appropriately, and conduct regular staff performance reviews.
2. Guide resolution and provide a sounding board for complex project control issue. Strong analytical skills required to review and analyze all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations.
3. Interact with the project team and corporate management team and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information and prepare reports and presentations of information as needed for management.
4. Communicate material changes: scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigation strategies. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, validate efficient change management process is followed; communicate and suggest corrective actions.
5. Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensure adherence to safety and quality standards
6. Implement risk management protocol which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. Additionally determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
7. Oversight and validation of project baseline process for cost, schedule and progress and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process and company standards and procedures.
8. Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to project controls on the project following the company project stage gate process.
9. Ensure the accuracy of reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project. Develop progress measurement process for required scopes of work.
10. Ensure project schedule development, review and update processes are in place and to ensure accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule.
11. Ensure all project required reporting is effective, accurate and submitted as required. Manage reporting to corporate management.
12. Perform other duties as required.
• High School diploma or GED and at least fifteen (15) years of experience in construction management, and at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls, OR
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree, and at least ten (10) years of experience in construction management, and at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree, and at least eight (8) years of experience in construction management, and at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls.
• Proven experience in Project Controls in a Regional / Senior Management environment.
• Leadership ability and strong management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment.
• Experience with ERP systems and estimating software.
• Understanding of accounting functions and systems.
• Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting.
• Strong understanding of Primavera and with overall planning process and best practice on capital mining projects.
• Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment.
• Required travel throughout Australia and Asia, with the main focus being Indonesia. Travel also required to the United States and the city of New Orleans.
• Working experience with SAP.
• Working experience with EcoSys.
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer