Under general supervision, provides technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Reviews, investigates and develops appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering project.
- Serves as Project Manager or technical advisor, on small-to-medium site construction, expansion or modification projects.
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Collaborates in site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of Appropriation Request (AR) for capital funding.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Works on complex issues and implements solutions mostly through the determination of strategy and delegation to others in a group or functional area.
- Often collaborates with managers and/or functional or site leaders and has some interaction with external colleagues.
- Works under moderate supervision and has some latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact department or individual work group
- Has no budgetary responsibility
- Manages a specific program or project, and may supervise people
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and three (3) years related experience in engineering, OR
Master’s degree in appropriate Engineering discipline and two (2) years related experience in engineering.
Experience in the mining operations, construction and/or facilities maintenance or similar industry.
Experience with Project life cycle, and project management.
Ability to plan, prioritize, direct and manage a diverse number of projects and activities
Well versed in troubleshooting skills and problem-solving techniques.
Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State law
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees – offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
The estimated annual pay range for this role is currently $84,000-$116,000. This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process.
Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Equal Opportunity Employer