Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 5,000km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.3 million ounces of gold from its operations in Senegal. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is advancing its Banfora development project, and is conducting extensive exploration programs in three countries: Burkina Faso, Senegal and Côte d’Ivoire. As at June 30, 2017, Teranga has a reserve base of nearly 4.0 million ounces of gold, a strong balance sheet and the financial flexibility to grow its business.
This is a fly-in/ fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time or 6/3 roster with travel on employee's time.
Summary of Role
As the Senior Management Accountant reporting to the Site Controller, you will be a member of the management team within our Finance Department at our mine site in Senegal. The Site Finance Department focuses on the accurate and timely generation of management information for all departments on site. Management information includes the generation of operating cost variance reports, capital expenditure reports that are reviewed via cost review meetings conducted on a monthly basis as well as various ad hoc expenditure analysis of operating and capital cost. The Department coordinates and consolidates the annual operating cost and capital expenditure budgeting process as well as the subsequent quarterly forecasting of operating and capital expenditure. The Department interacts and provide feedback to corporate office during the preparation of quarterly operating and expenditure reporting, budgeting and forecasts.
Key Responsibilities Management & Supervision
- Coordinate activities of the management accounting team for the preparation of the periodical management information.
- Plan and coordinate the availability of resources required to complete critical monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting and reporting. (rosters etc.)
- Plan and coordinate the preparation of the annual budget process to achieve milestones.
- Align objectives of the management accounting with the Administration department and site objectives.
- Assist Project leaders with the financial evaluation and motivation of capital expenditure applications (NPV,IRR)
- Coordinate the approval process for capital expenditure projects between site and Corporate.
- Ensure the generation of timely and accurate actual vs budget cost variance reports and monthly cost review meetings with departmental heads.
- Produce quality reports that will highlight problem high cost areas that require senior management's urgent attention. - Encourage regular feedback from Heads of Department to improve cost variance and efficiency reporting.
- Implement and generate mining equipment performance reports and investigate deviations from fleet averages.
- Compile quarterly forecast of revenue, operating cost and capital expenditure for presentation to Corporate.
- Ensure that capital expenditure statements are generated on a monthly basis and liaise with project leaders to address projected overruns on estimated project expenditure.
- Compile narratives for quarterly reporting to Corporate.
- Ensure that sound internal controls are maintained through:
- Proper segregation of duties ( employee roster management)
- Frequent review of account reconciliations
- Effective EFT and cheque signatory controls
- Ensure that internal control register is updated on a continuous basis
- Review and respond to internal control audit reports
- Implement remedial action required to rectify inadequate internal controls identified.
Team Development: - Identification and motivation of candidates for the department's succession planning program. - Mentor, train and coach members of the department to enhance overall team skills development.
- Conduct regular audits of fixed assets. Ad hoc duties
- Participate in ad hoc projects and initiatives.
• University Diploma or equivalent degree qualification in Finance or Accounting discipline
• Recognized accounting designation
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience with at least 3 years’ experience for an audit company or mining company
• Demonstrated people management experience including ability to coach and mentor team members of diverse backgrounds
• Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
• Good documentation and presentation skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and empower team.
• Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a different culture
• Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills in English, (French is an asset) to effectively interact with employees and government officials
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities - we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
If you experience difficulties submitting your CV on line, please email you CV to the HR Team at Teranga Gold at email@example.com