Under moderate supervision, executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company data or systems. Investigates attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures. Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of company data and systems. Audits information systems, platforms and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy and security.
- Implement control systems solutions including, but not limited to, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Anti-Exploitation, Next Generation Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Network Access Control (NAC), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Malware Analysis, and Application Whitelisting
- Transfer completed solutions to operational support teams
- Respond to operation support issue escalations and resolve problems impacting performance and availability
- Investigate security incidents and perform penetration testing to determine vulnerabilities and appropriate controls to prevent, detect, or respond to future events
- Research developments in the security industry; assess organization’s needs; propose options and drive improvements of techniques, methodologies, services and technologies
- Perform other duties as requested
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field and eight (8) years of experience in Security Systems technologies, OR
Master’s degree in Information Systems or related field and six (6) years of experience in Security Systems technologies
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Familiar with security regulations and standards
Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
Experience with large scale network and server security, including: Next Generation Firewalls, VPN, AntMalware, Patch Management, PKI, Certificate Management, etc.
Experience with cloud services such as Azure or AWS
Active in security organizations, such as ISSA, OWASP, SANS, etc.
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resource company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, oil and gas. The Company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry and is the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold, oil and gas producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator
- Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Ability to work for hours at a time in front of a computer and keyboard utilizing Microsoft desktop tools
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Nearest Major CityPhoenix
JobSenior IT Security Engineer - Phoenix, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaPhoenix Corporate Office