Round Mountain is an open-pit mine located in Nevada, one of the best mining jurisdictions in the world. The mine uses conventional open-pit mining methods and processes ore by mill and heap leach.
Under the direction of the Projects Manager, the Projects Specialist provides critical support for RMGC’s projects program administration including tracking of projects obligations and projects inspections and audits, tracks Projects Department budgets and expenditures and verifies Projects Department compliance with “Project Management Standards and Procedures North America”. The Projects Specialist also organizes collection of Safety Leading Indicator activities for the Projects staff, serves as Crisis Management Log Keeper, manages logistics for visiting VIPs and external stakeholders, and coordinates out of state travel arrangements while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
- Tracks projects obligations, assists third parties performing corporate auditing of “Project Management Standards and Procedures North America” and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Leads effort to improve Projects Department document management.
- Tracks Projects Department staff achievement of projects KPIs in the areas of inspections, audits, environmental contacts and training.
- Tracks Projects Department expenditures and prepares detailed reports of actual versus budgeted costs.
- Verifies Projects Department compliance with the “Project Management Standards and Procedures North America”.
- Organizes collection of Safety Leading Indicator documentation for the Projects Department.
- Serves as Crisis Management Log Keeper.
- Manages logistics for visiting VIPs, inspectors, auditors and other key external stakeholders.
- Tracks and monitors RMGC Projects Drive.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Performs other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Strong cost and budget analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of projects KPIs and corporate requirements to effectively monitor for completion and deviations.
- Knowledge and utilization of computers, spreadsheets, JDE, and MS Office.
- Learned knowledge of procurement processes and procedures.
- Learned knowledge of effective document management and control processes.
- Must be self-directed, organized and innovative.
- Effective in positively representing RMGC in interactions with visiting VIPs, government officials and other key external stakeholders.
- Able to present results of analysis in a clear and understandable manner.
- 5 years previous experience in financial and projects program administration.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills
- Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Strategic Effectiveness
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
- External Engagement
Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
- Business Focus
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
- Living the Kinross Values
Aligning behavior, decisions, and actions with Kinross values and principles.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Projects Manager.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.