Based in Mauritania, Kinross Tasiast is set to become one of the great gold finds of our generation. It is the first mine in a highly prospective greenstone belt, located within an extensive gold system that is largely underexplored.
Purpose of Role
- This position provides Supply Chain support to Operational and Maintenance departments to ensure the timely scheduling of parts and materials required to support production.
- Coordinates the delivery of required parts and materials in accordance with a planned schedule and requested delivery.
- Ensures the highest level of supplier performance in the form of consistent reliable delivery to TMLSA operations.
- Supports the operation through effective management of the stock out report in conjunction with the open work orders.
- Ensures a regular contact with end users and acts as the link between Procurement and site.
- Maintains a high level participation in shutdown maintenance and bulk commodity forecasting ensuring the flow of goods and / or materials is as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Duties
Reporting to the Purchasing group, the Materials Coordinator will be responsible to ensure the scheduling of bulk commodities and smooth and timely arrival of materials and supplies arrive on Site in time for planned requirements.
Operational Duties and Role Expectations:
- Provide scheduling support for User Departments as assigned by following up with Expeditors and Buyers for delivery status of materials.
- Remain in contact with the end users to make sure that the delivery of parts and components are in accordance with the planned date.
- Interface with maintenance personnel to ensure effective delivery of required shutdown items in a timely manner. Including involvement in shutdown meetings for enhancement of communication between the Supply and Maintenance departments
- Liaise with Suppliers and Purchasing Department regarding urgent items highlighted by the maintenance department and advise of them of the current status.
- Manage the outstanding order file through a systematic expediting process and follow up.
- Coordinate the transporting of urgent commitments at the optimal cost ensuring on time deliveries.
- Coordinate the orders of material and equipment to meet project requirements
- Coordinate the delivery of supplies according to priorities and specifications
- Resolve problems to speed up delivery of orders
- Monitor inventory of supplies for different jobs or sites
- Keep accurate records
- Coordinate material movements from suppliers with Logistics Team and or freight forwarders.
- Provide prompt and efficient service and direct any enquiries to the appropriate department / person
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessary all-inclusive.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
This role provides and is responsible for following planning, scheduling and delivery status of materials according to the operations requirements, and agreed delivery times on planned forecasts. The role will develop, compile, reconcile, and/ or update information in JDE and stock databases to provide effective information management and reporting.
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualification or trade qualification and/or experience in inventory/warehousing.
- Experience in project management
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and filing systems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Experience in planning, organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work in a changing environment
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Skilled in using personal computer and various software packages.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to investigate and problem solve.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on operational demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Courteous, diplomatic and able to work within tight response deadlines.
Deliver Result – Completes tasks and takes accountability for own actions. Achieves excellence in customer service
Personal Awareness – Understands how own behaviors and actions impacts others
Leadership – Directs team towards achievement of goals and objectives. Communicates effectively in groups and teams
Continuous Improvement – Seeks out and drives improvements
Relationship Building – Builds productive business relationships across multiple functions
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.