Key area: Promote safe, healthy and fair work environment
- Develop standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis
- Ensure employees work in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas
Key area: Help to set up maintenance functions at plant's C&I section
- Help on hiring and train team to cope world class metallurgical process plant
- Ensure sufficient spare and wear part levels
- Ensure that maintenance plans are created and implemented
- To create and implement SOP's
- At commissioning phase ensure integrity of DCS and functionality of it
Key area: Execute C&I maintenance plan to meet established targets
- Work with managers and superintendents (Planning, Engineering & Plant) to ensure that plant equipment of a metallurgical process plant operates according to Standard Operating Procedures (and that all machinery/equipment is maintained according to supplier recommendation and industry best practices) within determined budgets and meet demand.
- Ensure that all wet plant preventive and predictive maintenance plans are in accordance with the needs of the operation that activities are planned and scheduled via a computerized maintenance management system
- Ensure that economical spares inventories are established and maintained. Actively seek alternative suppliers to meet quality and cost targets.
- Provide input to shutdown planning in coordination with Planner(s) so that plant availability is maximized and contractor resources is minimized. Systematically develop methods, materials, tools and parts so downtime is minimal.
- Provide technical support for the mechanical maintenance personnel on a daily basis to maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs.
- Report on maintenance activities and performance indicators
- Manage budget for PM, upgrades (installation of new equipment) and plant parts inventory.
Key area: Collaborate with E&M team and related functions to optimize efficiencies
- Evaluate plant performance to identify and initiate development opportunities.
- Review plant design for debottlenecking and efficiency/operability improvement and provide financial justification for related capital projects.
Key area: Provide leadership to the team
- Manage a team responsible wet plant C&Il maintenance activity.
- Ensure that shifts are appropriately staffed. Participate in the interviewing, hiring, training and development in an effort to retain and develop the best talent for the organization.
- Provide clear work objectives and expectations of the performance levels required to achieve business plans and production goals. Manage performance by setting expectations, conducting performance reviews, and providing feedback and coaching.
- Work with Human Resources and E&M management to identify training opportunities that provide depth and versatility for all new and advancing maintenance employees. Determine training and development needs, develop plans and establish performance metrics to meet those needs, and provide ongoing assessment tools to ensure desired results are being achieved.
- Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a continuation of the solid working relationship with all employees.
- Bachelor's degree or National Diploma obtained through T3, S4 or N6 in the field of Instrumentation / Electric Engineering (Light Current) or full NTC 6 Diploma with an Instrumentation Mechanician Trade Test Certificate.
- Certified training in Weights and Measures
- Radiation protection certification will be advantageous
- 10 years in C&I including at least 3 – 5 years' relevant Superintendent experience in the mining control & instrumentation environment
- Solid understanding with Siemens PCS7 DCS with Profibus PA and DP fieldbus communication technologies
- Budget, cost and materials management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Continuously analyse equipment efficiencies to recommend and implement improvements and changes to maximize operations
- To attend to the relevant administrative functions, such as change control and data pack (loop drawing) management.
- Plan and implement improvement projects.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Team player and results orientated
- Highly motivated & driven
- Methodological and organized
- Relate and communicate to people on all levels
- Good Problem Solving ability & Patient attitude
- Must have excellent leadership & communication skills
- Capable of working under pressure
- Exhibit aptitude to work in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to prioritize resource requirements for breakdown repairs, opportune maintenance and preventative maintenance works on all C&I control systems to ensure adherence to production parameters
- Coordinate and monitor equipment availability to ensure adherence to production parameter
- Spanish advantageous
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.