- Advance your career and be a part of a leading mining company in Laos
- In-house management of a large fleet of concentrate haulage trucks
- Live in Laos and enjoy a fabulous expatriate lifestyle or fly in, fly out from your point of hire
This is an exciting time to join PanAust, a copper and gold producer in Laos with pre-development opportunities in Laos, Papua New Guinea, Myanmar and Chile. PanAust’s producing assets are the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and the Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation, located in Laos and managed by our subsidiary company, Phu Bia Mining. Both of these operations are delivering strong production performance which is expected to rise steadily over the next few years. The strategic direction of the Company is to maximise returns from its producing assets while advancing pre-development projects that offer potential to sustain and grow the business in the long term.
Laos is a safe, developing country, located in the heart of South East Asia. It is bordered by Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and China, making it the ideal base for expatriates to explore the region on their breaks. Vientiane, the capital city, offers an attractive lifestyle for expatriate families, with modern housing options and facilities including international schools, an impressive range of restaurants, gyms, day spas, sports clubs and weekend getaways.
PanAust offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to advance their career by contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the operations, standards, systems and processes that will underpin our future growth. By joining our team, you will play an important role in developing our highly motivated Lao national workforce in line with our commitment to localisation. As an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions.
We offer an attractive salary package including housing and children’s education allowance (for residential expatriates), performance bonus, medical and insurance cover.
This position is based at our transit facility and camp near the village of Ban Thouay, located approximately 60km north of the Lao capital, Vientiane, along the haulage route from our flagship Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation. The depot is well established and is equipped with a modern maintenance workshop, fueling facility and state of the art driver training simulator.
The fleet of approximately 58 Scania, Volvo and Hino articulated trucks are operated by Phu Bia Mining and we employ 197 drivers, predominantly from the local area. The fleet hauls approximately 75,000 amount of copper concentrate annually from Phu Kham through to the Sri Racha port in Thailand and the Vung Ang port in Vietnam equally.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will lead the day to day concentrate haulage operations and contracted maintenance at the Ban Thouay depot. As our operation approaches peak copper production, your remit is to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the haulage network while maintaining safety as the core value. While the logistics function is well established, this is a challenging, dynamic and hands on role with a focus on continuous improvement and the training and development of the largely Lao national workforce. Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the team. This is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all haulage activities to ensure that concentrate is exported in the most timely and cost effective manner
- Proactively identify and manage risks associated with haulage operations
- Ensure compliance with all statutory codes, acts and regulations that apply to haulage operations
- Provide visible safety leadership, instilling safe work practices and behaviours within the department
- All aspects of leading a large team including recruitment, performance management and training
- Develop, implement and maintain department strategies, plans and standard operating procedures
- Day to day budget management and identification of cost saving initiatives
- Manage the on-site maintenance contractor, with a strong focus on vehicle inspections
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Significant experience in managing a line-haul haulage operation in mountainous conditions – gained in either a logistics/transport company or an in-house logistics function
- Sound knowledge of fleet maintenance
- Excellent knowledge and practical application of fatigue management and safety processes
- Previous expatriate working experience in developing country is desirable
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy combined with a proactive approach
- Click on apply to be directed to this vacancy on the Pan Aust website to complete your application.
Note: this is readvertised so any application that has been submitted last time doesn’t bother to resubmit again.
For questions regarding this position or our recruitment process, please contact our recruitment team on +856 (0) 21 268 000.