The Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT and Investor Relations.
The Kinross Corporate Supply Chain Team is responsible for managing complex global initiatives that encompass commercial management, technology enablement and policy governance opportunities in an ever changing and fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will lead the development, implementation, continuous improvement and execution of Kinross’ contracting strategy with policies and guidelines to execute shared goals and objectives across a regional Supply Chain network. Specifically, this role will oversee operational commodities and service related sourcing.
You will develop, lead and communicate the category management vision by building productive working relationships with Kinross’ internal client base. You will support the company wide effort in identifying and owning new enterprise categories/portfolios to improve operational efficiency and capture cost savings.
As a subject matter expert you will be relied upon to identify, analyze and articulate macroeconomic trends as they pertain to the commodities portfolio for Kinross’ operational success
Category Management Program Leadership
- Leads the continuous improvement and execution of Kinross’ category management strategy and guidelines.
- Accountable for value-added initiatives, cost savings, as well as measuring supplier and contract performance.
- Manages the quarterly and annual demand planning cycle with Kinross’ end user base and serves as a corporate point of contact for various commodity and service areas.
- Develops, implements and maintains a robust contracts framework considering cost reduction and value-add initiatives.
Strategic Sourcing Events
- Leads competitive enterprise or regional sourcing events by managing stakeholders through complex evaluation and decision making processes.
- Participates in the selection, development and assessment of a supply base being considered to support Kinross.
- Assists with upfront scope development, demand planning, market assessments, vendor selection, end to end RFx management and evaluation, contract negotiation and change management transition plans.
Commercial Relationship Management
- Interfaces with key client executives, ensures effective visibility of the contracting strategy, and builds strong working relationships with internal clients to meet operational and financial targets.
- Interfaces with corporate and mine site based operations teams to establish category management requirements from planning to execution.
- Executes the supplier relationship management process including but not limited to tracking performance metrics, supplier safety record, fluctuating cost drivers and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Ensures timely and professional service to end users in preparation for evaluation of commercial submissions received in an RFx.
- Develops and executes defendable negotiation strategies and award recommendations to mine site and executive management ensuring the optimal price, terms, scope, execution and supplier performance.
- Works alongside the legal department to support, prepare and negotiate contractual agreements with the supply base.
Team Development & Knowledge Sharing
- Develops skills and abilities of indirect reports while serving as a champion and mentor for all resources in the global supply chain organization.
- Proactively seeks to educate team and stakeholders on industry and commodity based opportunities.
Demonstrate Corporate Responsibility
- Understands and complies with Kinross’ Environmental, Health & Safety and Supply Chain policies/procedures.
- Demonstrates awareness, commitment and compliance with Kinross Social Responsibility Policy, always leading by example employing socially responsible behavior with the Communities in which Kinross operates and within the Company.
- Represents the Supply Chain organization in cross functional companywide collaborative projects.
- Complies with and promotes the Kinross Global Supply Chain Policy.
- Understands and complies with Kinross’ Guiding Principles for Corporate Responsibility.
The above key accountabilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Education and Experience
- Mastery of English; written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Arabic, Portuguese, French or Spanish an asset.
- 6 to 8 years of related commodities and category management experience or equivalent combination of Supply Chain Management experience.
- Global working experience and influence in mining, heavy industry or natural resources is preferred.
- Experience with JD Edwards an asset.
- Experience with Contract Lifecycle Management software is an asset.
Education & Skillset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Accounting or related field.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Possesses strong and pragmatic negotiation skills.
- Effective at leading and facilitating vendor engagements.
- Ability to measure success through metrics and data.
- The position is located in downtown Toronto.
- Position will require travel to Kinross global operations and suppliers as required.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.