Key Responsibilities :
1. Planning, Scheduling and Delivery:
Identification, development, delivery and certification of the Technical Repair and Maintenance training requirements in the areas of specialised Fixed Plant in all areas of the Company's undertakings to agreed standards. This to be achieved by:
* Planning, development and delivery of integrated, competence based training programs.
* Providing and supporting training to agreed schedules.
* Conducting training needs analyses as required and ensuring validity of training programs.
* Participating in the recruitment and interviewing of new learners.
* Facilitating industrial attachments by securing training placements with stakeholders, ensuring that there are satisfactory training arrangements, and that accurate records are kept.
* Forwarding relevant documents and records appropriately.
* Compiling and submitting clear and detailed instructions and reports.
* Completing the course review documentation and contributing to the self-assessment report.
* DPL: Developing and implementing a specialist fixed plant maintenance assessment system / programme for engineering maintenance staff to assess previously gained training and certification. Includes the documentation of the standards to be used and the recording and retention of assessments completed.
* Undertaking initial assessments of new learners with no prior training / learning.
* Identifying learners' abilities, preferred learning styles, knowledge gaps and learning support needs through assessments and observations.
* Observing and judging performance against the relevant criteria, and assess underpinning knowledge against agreed standards.
* Providing feedback and support to learners against their performance and progress.
* Supporting learners in the workplace learning environment, and carrying out directed visits where necessary.
* Liaising with internal and external colleagues / clients in relation to trainee progress.
* Carrying out any other duties and responsibilities within his/her capabilities as may be reasonably requested by the Supervisor.
* Supervising learners in the learning environment and considering the health and safety and safe working practices of that environment.
* Plan and schedule appropriate re-assessments in line with operational and mandatory requirements.
2. Technical Advice:
* Provision of expert technical support and advice, when required, to the engineering maintenance department staff.
* Provision of ongoing technical support to employees who have received training.
* Continuously seeking out technical advice from, and working with, other training organizations and OEM's to ensure a win-win situation that provides the Sentinel team with appropriate ongoing support.
* Co-operating with visiting lectures and external trainers.
3. Continuous Improvement:
* Foster a culture of continuous improvement in all training activities by encouraging and providing input on processes and support to all trainees.
* Actively driving section activities.
* Participate in planning meetings, toolbox meetings and any other activities as necessary to promote excellence in communications by fostering a learning environment.
* Liaise with other cross functional sections in order to gain agreement on priorities to enable completion of training needs in a timely and safe manner.
* Participate in the continuous development of learning resources/materials in collaboration with other team members.
* Provide leadership and mentoring for all trainees, including ongoing development training, performance management, conflict management and crisis management.
Knowledge, Training & Experience Required:
* Relevant trade qualification with 5-8 years' experience in maintenance and repair procedures for mine fixed plant (Crushers, Conveyors, Mills, Liner Handlers, Pumps, Flotation equipment, all processing plant related equipment, boilermaking etc.) is required.
* Adult and further education trainers' qualification to NQF level 4 or higher (or equivalent) and at least 4 years' training experience in the same or similar position (preferably in the mining industry).
* Valid driving license.
* Demonstrable experience in training package development and learning systems.
* Experience with developing and implementing training programmes from inception is a distinct advantage.
* Proficiency in Computer Skills (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases ect.).
* Previous experience with a large training organization will be well regarded.
* Clear and concise report writing skills.
* Knowledge of recent developments in training and assessing.
* Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
* Conversant with all relevant health and safety matters.
Other Skills or Competencies:
* Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to speak clearly and explain complex concepts to an audience.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills are essential.
* Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Must be able to work under pressure.
* Must be dependable.
* Ability to interact with people of different cultures.
* Good mentoring skills are essential.