The Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT and Investor Relations.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Business Applications and Project Management Office, the incumbent will be a key member of the Project Management Office team, acting as the lead in implementing and executing multiple size IT Projects. He/she will provide best-practices guidance in project management best practices.
The incumbent will require solid knowledge of Project Management and Post Implementation Support. He/she will lead in the implementation of Business Applications and/or IT Infrastructure projects; starting with requirements gathering to project deployment and post go-live support. Also responsible for maintaining the proper communication level with key project stakeholders and the IT Management team globally.
Responsible for the execution of project implementation of systems, infrastructure, and/or processes at Kinross
- Manages the team comprised of internal and external Technology Area specialists and Business Subject Matter Experts where applicable, the Project Manager develops and maintains detail project plans to support and manage allocation/assignment to solution delivery projects for corporate and sites;
- Using advanced professional knowledge, acts as an advisor to a variety of internal and / or external requests related business applications or Infrastructure systems
- Proposes new work approaches, methods, and policies to optimize performance and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards
- Monitors costs related to the project and implements approved recommendations for maximizing operational efficiencies
- Assigns tasks to less experienced employees and provides mentorship and guidance on complex or escalated issues
- Actively seeks mentorship and learning to improve product or technical knowledge and skill set
- Plans and manages resources ensuring that project obligations and objectives are met
- Documents formal project charter, budget, communication and resource plans
- Provides project leadership, training, and work direction of staff
- Manages and coordinates change requests and software support requirements; and assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of controls to ensure the integrity of business systems, infrastructure and application security
- Manages the development, tests, ensuring the integrity of set-ups and configurations
- Optimizes existing applications and identifies to improve the efficiency of business processes. Works with the sites to resolve business process issues. Works with the corporate group to ensure the sites adhere to corporate policy and governance requirements
- Manage project-level tracking and reporting.
- Perform internal communications planning for the project, including determining the information and communications needs of the stakeholders, when they will need it, and how it will be provided to them.
- Prepare the closing project report as well as prepare the lessons learned report.
- Report to the project Steering Committee board and project director through performance reports and phase assessments.
- Conduct project communication and status reporting between teams and management.
- Verify that the project director, team leads, and project members have the information they need to support effective communications.
- Verify there is leadership alignment and stakeholder buy-in as the project progresses
To lead project teams and internal task forces
- Leads project teams including establishing project plans and milestones, analyzing risks, developing budgets, and delegating work assignments; accountable for results
- Acts as a communication linchpin with the team and models the organization’s values
- Demonstrates business acumen which includes balancing the needs of the business, clients, and employees when making decisions
- Leads projects and applies innovative solutions to very highly complex systems, hardware, software, networking, programming, and / or applications problems
Provides technical support, maintenance, and specialized end-user training to ensure effective systems utilization and integration
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS and / or a related field;
- PMP Certification;
- Three to Five years’ experience implementing business applications (developed in-house and packaged applications).
- Experience performing business analysis activities such as requirements gathering, propose business solution and prepare user documentation.
- Ability to identify, define, interpret, and resolve medium to complex technical issues
- Previous experience influencing and effectively communicating with internal and external customers, vendors, project teams and senior management
- Previous experience in the mining industry is preferred
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese or Russian is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence, SharePoint and Web applications is considered an asset
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.