Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana's second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
To ensure the efficient supervision and control of Underground Electrical Maintenance by allocating and managing resources (people and equipment) to attain production and engineering objectives
- Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team
- Plan and organize maintenance jobs safely and within a budget
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, ensures safety at each work place
- Promote cross-cultural relations and understanding
- Practice and promote company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program
- Train team members in all areas of major responsibility to promote succession planning
- Perform periodical and scheduled inspection programs to maintain CGML Underground assets and infrastructure according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards and keep them in a good condition.
- Execute the planned jobs according to priorities and the availability of equipment and in accordance with Kinross / CGML work management practices.
- Distribute maintenance and repair jobs to Underground Electrical Maintenance supervisors and technicians
- Assist in training new employees by providing instruction on procedures; familiarize new employees with operations and review work assignments in order to orient employee and optimize performance.
- Diagnose and replace faulty electrical and electronic systems, units and components of machines and equipment
- Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of mining machinery and equipment
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local codes
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints
- Plan layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus
- Efficiently perform preventive, breakdown, project, refurbishment repairs and assign electrical maintenance staff according to work requirements and priorities.
- In case of accidents, perform survey, report accident as per existing policy, proceed for repair, and then issue a report-with photos whenever required.
- Ensure smooth job handover to the next shift, with required documentation and JDE entries in place
- Report difficulties faced in his shift, deficiencies in staff performance and propose necessary suggestions to overcome them and improve staff skills
- Supervise maintenance and repair works directly or through supervisors, communicate correct procedures and assign duties as required
- Assist in training of CGML Engineering Staff as required. Ensure that Contractors are performing according to contractual obligations with CGML
- Prepare the regular and necessary reports as required
- Open, review and close Work Orders in JDE, prepare Purchase Requisitions and estimates
- Work with other maintenance software tools as required
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of failures
- Coordinate with the planning section to set / review required maintenance / repair plans, maintenance schedules and strategies
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
Education and Experience
•Univerisity/Technical education in Engineering or Journey Level Electrician License
- Preferable who has experience 5 – 10 years in mining maintenance field
- Has a good knowledge in computers
- Has the skill of planning, deciding priorities and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues, other Departments and Government Authorities
- Well-developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
- Ability to prepare estimates, tender document specifications for any Electrical works and analyse offers to recommend the best option
- Ability to perform general administrative and supervisory duties to fulfil the requirements of position
- MSHA training
- Current driving license
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Equipment Maintenance
•Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Strong proven interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.