Round Mountain is an open-pit mine located in Nevada, one of the best mining jurisdictions in the world. The mine uses conventional open-pit mining methods and processes ore by mill and heap leach.
Under the direction of the Controller, will coordinate and manage site activities related to month-end close of general ledger and financial reporting in compliance with Kinross policies, GAAP and IFRS. Ensure service and operating standards are met processing transactions that impact site cash-flow. Assist site accounting team with timely and accurate variance analysis across multiple departments while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
- Performs month-end, quarter-end, year-end close of site general ledger.
- Coordinate accounting and financial activities and projects across multiple site departments.
- Advises on a variety of internal and external requests regarding cost analysis and financial statements.
- Recommends and implements improvements to financial procedures and controls to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Investigates, researches, and analyzes information and issues related to internal accounting.
- Prepares technical documents to support decision making.
- Prepares technical reports and documentation, and retains financial records to ensure compliance with industry and operational requirements.
- Communicates information related to variance analysis and help determine proper path forward.
- Provides information on operating standards, compliance requirements, and policies.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Performs other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate business degree from an accredited University
- Accounting degree preferred.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- 5 – 8 years of related work experience in a mining or continuous process environment.
- General Ledger experience with an integrated ERP/MRP software package coordinating multiple business units and proper allocations.
- Previous experience in the mining industry with a SOX regulated entity is preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of open pit mining, heap leach, milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill to intermediate level with P.C. utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software, including Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills.
- Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Strategic Effectiveness
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
- External Engagement
Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
- Business Focus
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
- Living the Kinross Values
Aligning behavior, decisions and actions with Kinross values and principles.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
• Serves as a senior resource to accountants and other support or technical work unit
• Typically reports into the Controller
Career Framework and Level
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.