Bald Mountain is an open-pit mine with a large estimated mineral resource base located in Nevada. It is the newest mine in Kinross’ portfolio and was acquired in January 2016.
Under the direction of the Materials Manager, maintains appropriate levels of inventory, recommends re-orders, assures material is stored in a secure manner, and directs personnel in the receiving, stocking, and issuance of materials and directs inventory control. Maintains records of all warehouse operations. Assists in all warehouse functions to include the operation of all materials handling equipment while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
- Ensure that the material received in the warehouse is equal in quantity and quality to that which is purchased and that it is available in the shortest possible time.
- Plan, organize, and implement the general layout of the warehouse, making changes as necessary.
- Administer warehouse operations to ensure effective daily operation.
- Ensure that all materials are stored safely and securely.
- Ensure that materials are issued or credited to users in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and safeguard all materials stored in the warehouse.
- Oversees all inventory stored on site for two equipment maintenance contractors.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Performs other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Must be able to work materials management computer systems.
- Ability to supervise employees.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of mining equipment and materials.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Warehouse Management Supervisor position.
- 4-6 years’ experience in Materials Management Systems, i.e. JD Edwards, Mincom or SAP.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills.
- Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
Kinross Leadership Practices
- Creates an environment where nothing is more important than every employee returning home safe and healthy every day.
- Creates an environment in which people are unfailingly treated with respect.
- Fosters the talent and potential of all employees by enabling them to grow, develop, and make a difference in the organization.
- Demonstrates that leadership in the areas of environmental performance and community and stakeholder relations is fundamental to the way we plan and manage our business.
- Holds self and others accountable for the decisions, commitments, and behaviors required to deliver outstanding results.
- Uses judgment to manage business complexities, prioritize and balance conflicting demands to make timely decisions that best advance Kinross strategy.
- Builds and brings teams and people together to achieve organizational goals. Models humility by going beyond self-interest for the good of the group.
- Understands the economic implications of decisions and consistently uses all resources effectively and efficiently to maximize shareholder value.
- Relentlessly champions, develops and embeds best practices.
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
- Living the Kinross Values
Aligning behavior, decisions, and actions with Kinross values and principles.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
• Reports into the Material Superintendent
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.