Round Mountain is an open-pit mine located in Nevada, one of the best mining jurisdictions in the world. The mine uses conventional open-pit mining methods and processes ore by mill and heap leach.
Under the general supervision of the Mill and Crushing Manager, Ore Processing Clerk is responsible for administrative support to processing department while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
- Prepare and file daily, weekly, and monthly metallurgical, operations, safety and quality work groups reports, accomplished through interpretation and transfer of data from operation worksheets, metallurgical reports, assay lab data and crew meeting minutes.
- Prepare internal and external reports for presentation to partners, company directors, governments, and other agencies with respect to metallurgical accounting and control, and mill costs, including but not limited to, summary reports on processing production benchmarking of key indicators, environmental statistics and mill finances.
- Distribute time cards to supervisors and enter time cards into JDE.
- Facilitate the establishment and maintenance of a filing system for all departmental personnel for the purpose of tracking hours worked, vacation schedules, training certificates and other data relevant to the administration of daily mill operations.
- Report absences, leaves, vacations and sickness as necessary to the human resource department.
- Train backup personnel to perform all duties of this position.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Performs other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Strong knowledge of PC based systems, and familiarity with the Windows operating environment. JDE is essential.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to establish priorities and maintain deadlines under time pressure.
- Must possess the ability to work accurately and efficiently in an industrial environment with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Requires superior personnel relations and communications skills.
- Should have good general clerical abilities.
- Accuracy is essential in the preparation and handling of internal and external reports.
- Confidentiality is essential in dealing with personnel files and department issues.
- A courteous and professional manner is essential in dealing with employees and outside parties.
- Superior communication skills are required to ensure the accurate transfer of information to employees and co-workers.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Supplemental education in a clerical or data processing field.
- Processing experience preferred.
- Must have at least one year of clerical experience.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills.
- Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Strategic Effectiveness
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
- External Engagement
Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
- Business Focus
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
- Living the Kinross Values
Aligning behavior, decisions, and actions with Kinross values and principles.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Reports to Mill and Crushing Manager.
Career Framework and Level
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.