Teranga is a Canadian-based gold company, which operates the only gold mine and mill in Senegal, West Africa. Our vision is to become a pre-eminent mid-tier gold producer in Senegal and greater West Africa. Our mission is to create value for all of our stakeholders through responsible mining. We strive to mine responsibly in accordance with the highest international standards and serve as a catalyst for sustainable economic, environmental, and community development to share the benefits of responsible mining with all of our stakeholders.
This is a 2-year contract, fly-in/ fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time and every 2nd Sunday off.
Summary of Role
As the Senior Production Supervisor reporting to the Processing Superintendent, your role will be to ensure that plant utilization is optimized through the application of safe work practices, cost effective management principles and effective resource management. Part of this role is expected to be involved in process improvements by applying best industry standards, while continuously mentoring staff to meet the company's growth objectives.
· To ensure plant utilization is optimized through the application of safe work practices and effective resource management.
· Supporting the Processing Superintendent in achieving production targets.
· Manage the day to day operations of the Day Services and Goldroom operations.
· Provide back to back coverage for the Processing Superintendent.
· Coordination of Mill Relining programs.
· Provide technical support to the processing operation to ensure optimum plant performance is achieved and processing development opportunities are identified.
· Provide team leadership through effective mentoring and training against development plans and ensure areas of improvement are identified.
· Improve operating costs through effective use of plant consumables and resource management.
· Support and encourage a culture of continuous improvement within the processing department.
· Optimize the gold recovery process through the application of Occupational Health & Safety standards and procedures and effective cost management principals.
· Participate in the skills development training and succession planning of Senegalese employees.
· Maintain a culture of continuous improvement through the elimination of possible bottlenecks, systems development and review and sourcing alternative engineering solutions to benefit plant throughput and utilization.
· Provide assistance to other Departments across site when required or requested to ensure the productivity of the Mine is met.
· Actively participate in department audits as required i.e. Annual Insurance Audit.
Skills and Experience Required
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in gold processing plant operations with proven leadership demonstrated by progressive responsibility throughout career.
· In depth knowledge of Carbon In Leach (CIL) gold processing.
· Tertiary qualifications in mineral processing would be an asset.
· Plant commissioning experience is an asset.
· Advanced software skills and knowledge of ERP systems (Pronto).
· Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a different culture.
· Demonstrated record of developing and coaching staff.
· Must be able to demonstrate the values of integrity, respect and collaboration.
· Demonstrated commitment to ensuring a safe working environment.
· International expat experience is an asset.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
· We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
· We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
· Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
· We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
If you experience difficulties submitting your CV on line, please email you CV to the HR Team at Teranga Gold at email@example.com