Description du poste
Assist the execution of the strategy for the Exploration geology function and to ensure alignment with the Exploration Department’s overall strategy. To increase company gold reserves through the discovery and economic evaluation of gold deposits at Tasiast. Provide technical expertise to promote and advance technical excellence in throughout the Tasiast exploration team. Assist to design and develop processes, practice and methodologies for ensure continued growth of the Exploration geology function, to maximize operational efficiencies, safety and profitability, and to cultivate exceptional stakeholder and employee Satisfaction.
Responsabilités associées au poste
• Executes short term strategies and plans that support growth of Tasiast exploration geology; ensures strategies are concretely linked to the Exploration Department’s overall strategy.
• Assist with planning, scheduling and budgeting of the exploration plan in the project managed.
• Investigate researches and analyzes information and issues related to the Company´s Exploration Tenement.
• Assist to oversee contractors and consultants to ensure work is completed safely and to required standards.
• Oversee exploration operations to ensure they are undertaken to plan and in accordance with the legislation.
• Actively liaise with landowners and cultural groups.
• Ensure all data obtained is reviewed and assessed prior to entry into the data base. Establish standards and process for all geological and quality testing. Develop and maintain geological records of all identified Data.
• Collaborates with management to identify and analyze business requirements and the implications for the team; identifies gaps and implements agreed upon solutions
• Participate in develops policies and procedures relating to safety, the environment and individual, and Exploration Department development.
• Ensures that direct reports and respective work areas are in compliance with Health and Safety policies and regulations.
• Ensures direct reports have the necessary training, skills, knowledge, and tools to do their jobs safely. Provides support to all areas on issues that jointly involve production and safety.
• Observes operations to detect the violation of safety regulations and compiles safety and production records.
• Assists in accident and incident investigations and ensures that recommendations are implemented by agreed upon dates.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
• Work is performed under limited direction according to established methodologies and processes.
• Problem resolution is within established guidelines and procedures, requiring the use of judgement to determine which of many methods are applicable in any given situation.
• Work is complex involving routine problems or studies.
• Seeks assistance from others when dealing with unfamiliar or problem situations.
• Ensures projects in the unit or area are completed on-time, on-budget, and to required standards. Initiates, implements, evaluates, and modifies own projects and plans in response to needs. Supervises and directs the work of a support or technical work unit.
Études et expérience
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology with at least 10 years of relevant work experience in Exploration Geology.Ability to function within the qualifications outlined in the attached physical demands sheets.
- Database management skills, understanding of QA/QC protocols and procedures that meet industry standards.
- Knowledge of drilling techniques and ability to design efficiently a drilling program.
- Ability to compile and interpret large data base set, including geological, geochemistry and geophysical data.
- Proficiency with exploration 3D software is desirable. Ability to construct geological, structural model, based section and level plan interpretation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English and French.
- A thorough understanding of the efficient use of geologic instruments, techniques, and interpretation of data.
- Micromine, Leap Frog and MapInfo are preferred, as well as various database programs including Fusion Software.
• Investigates, researches and analyzes information and issues related to geology
• Analyzes information and prepares technical documents to support decision making; presents recommendations and status updates to key stakeholders
• Communicates information related to geology
• Provides information on operating standards, compliance requirements and policies
• Lead team responsible for executing geology strategy
• Identifies key performance measures for the team; monitors and reports on the achievement of targets and revises strategies as needed
• Builds the capabilities of the team to enhance their ability to achieve financial and operating strategies
• Calculates ore reserves, defines geological structures, develops and executes mine exploration programs and evaluates results