(Position is based in the town of Fungurume)
Under limited supervision, plan, organize, manage and evaluate assigned operations, including but not limited to, daily production, product quality, environmental management, safety, or maintenance. Supervise through Senior Supervisors.
Establish tactical and strategic goals, objectives, policies and procedures in assigned area within the business.
Direct Supervisors and other staff in daily operations. Inspect daily operations and projects in progress and upon completion to ensure quality of work. Provide administrative and technical direction to staff; interpret policies and procedures established by regulatory agencies.
Oversee and recommend the selection of key staff. Participate in the selection of staff.
Work with employees to correct deficiencies. Implement disciplinary procedures and recommend terminations. Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary.
Forecast necessary funds for staffing, materials and supplies, and capital improvement projects. Submit budget recommendations and justifications; monitor and control expenditures.
Develop, plan, and coordinate the work plan for assigned projects and responsibilities, which may include project management, cost estimates and program development. Coordinate work with other units and site departments.
Provide information and resources to site officials and other departments. Answer questions and provide information to the public.
Review Capital Improvement Plans and make recommendations. Evaluate infrastructure, facilities and operating systems for needed maintenance and repair.
Coordinate the activities of consultants and contractors.
Perform other duties as required.
Ten (10) years of related operational experience, including supervisory or management experience, OR
Equivalent of US High School diploma and seven (7) years of operational experience, including supervisory or management experience, OR
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of related operational experience, including supervisory or management experience
Additional certifications or licensure appropriate to the job may be required, depending upon the department/site.
- High school diploma or GED and ten (10) years of open-pit mine or similar operations experience, including supervisory or lead experience, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical mining related discipline and seven (7) years of open-pit mine or similar operations experience, including supervisory or lead experience.
- Position involves work to be predominantly executed in rural areas of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Resources can be limited, so the candidate must be a self-starter, have good personal organization skills for managing activities across multiple sites and in challenging circumstances
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
COSCO is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
Nearest Major CityCongo, the Democratic Republic of
JobSuperintendent - TFM
Primary LocationCongo, The Democratic Republic ofTenke Fungurume