Teranga Gold is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 5,000km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Teranga operates the only gold mine and mill in Senegal, West Africa. Gold production is expected to average about 200,000 ounces annually at all-in sustaining costs in the lowest (best) quartile of industry costs allowing the Company to generate strong free cash flows. Beyond the Company’s mine plan are significant opportunities for organic growth through further exploration in Senegal and Burkina Faso in West Africa.
This is a 2-year contract, fly-in/ fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time or 6 weeks on / 3 weeks off roster with travel on employee time.
Summary of Role
Reporting directly to the Business Performance Manager, the Business Data Analyst will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
· Execute analysis and benchmarking of the Production function's end-to-end performance
· Identify and implement improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement
· Identify/develop/project manage means and methods to produce real-time reporting of key performance
· Optimize business performance in accordance to the balanced mine plan through data capture and reporting
· Facilitate Business Management processes to prioritize resources to deliver the greatest contribution to business strategic objectives, with the most efficiency
· Manage, maintain and close gaps in the operational data model in association with relevant key stakeholders
Key Areas of Responsibilities
· Implement standardised performance measurement metrics across all reporting functions at SGO
· Actively develop site business optimization through analysis of business impacts using the operational data model
· Ensure there are appropriate systems to analyse and compare performance to agreed internal Policies and Procedures, and standards and requirements from external parties. This includes identifying areas of weakness or shortfall, making suggestions for remedial action, and ensuring agreed action is taken and evaluated
· Implement effective data integrity management aligned with the Teranga Data Integrity framework
· Work with management team, to determine bottlenecks and related root causes
· Support business unit managers to deliver on strategic targets, tracked against the balanced mine plan and deliver on cost saving initiatives
· Support the Business Performance Steering Group, Business Performance Enablers and department employees with Performance improvement initiatives.
· Retain a continued focus on operational costs and it impacts
· Plan work according to business requirements and guide all activities accordingly
· Keep focus on longer term objectives while achieving shorter goals
· Orchestrate and monitor activities in order to achieve business expectations
Coaching and mentoring
Coaching and mentoring of the local Senegalese team members is considered critical to successful achievement of goals and must remain a constant focus of the incumbent
Skills and Experience Required
· A minimum of 5 years experience in a role focused on business improvement in a mining environment
· Completed University Degree
· Proficient with MS Office and MS Business Intelligence
· MCSE – Business Intelligence Certification considered an asset
· Proficient in business performance improvement methodologies and techniques
· Must possess strong project management and information systems analysis skills
· Demonstrate experience in management systems development and implementation
· Strong interpersonal communication skills and report writing and presentation skills
· Must be able to work in a team environment and effectively communicate and interact with all internal stakeholder
Our Vision, Culture & Values
· We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
· We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
· Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
· We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
If you experience difficulties submitting your CV online, please email your CV to the HR Team at Teranga Gold at firstname.lastname@example.org