(Position is based in the town of Fungurume)
Provide technical advice and guidance for all phases of operation, maintenance, and upgrading of the Modular Mining Dispatch system (Dispatch). Improve the use of Dispatch so to improve the safety, productivity, and efficiency of the mine.
- Train and mentor national staff to improve their skills and performance in all aspects of dispatching including effective use of the system, communication and control of operational activities, development of reports needed by users, and maintenance and upgrading of the system.
- Take responsibility for administration of the Dispatch system and of the DSSi system (fatigue management system from Seeing Machines)
- Supervise or take a lead role in the installation, commissioning, training for, and effective use of the Modular Mining MineCare system.
- Review, investigate, and develop appropriate recommendations regarding new modules or upgrades of the Dispatch system.
- Manage projects and serve as subject matter expert (SME) on data applications and operations improvements
- Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for all Mine Departments
- Develop and evaluate AFE’s (Authorization for Expenditure) for capital funding requests
- Evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- Represent the site on company sponsored steering committees, task forces, or teams, as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and five (5) years of related experience in Engineering or a related field, OR
- Master's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and three (3) years of related experience in Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Engineering
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in managing large/complex Engineering projects
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to evaluate and implement new methods and techniques for operational improvement
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline and seven (7) years of related experience in the operation or administration of Dispatch or a similar system, OR
- Master's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and five (5) years of related experience in the operation or administration of Dispatch or a similar system
- Five (5) or more years in mine engineering or mine supervision roles in addition to required experience.
- Position involves work to be predominantly executed in rural areas of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Resources can be limited, so the candidate must be a self-starter, have good personal organization skills for managing activities across multiple sites and in challenging circumstances
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
COSCO is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
Nearest Major CityCongo, the Democratic Republic of
JobSenior Engineer, Dispatch – TFM
Primary LocationCongo, The Democratic Republic ofTenke Fungurume