Assist the planning, direction, implementation, and control of the existing and future on-line and manual ground stability monitoring systems to be installed throughout the mine. The systems will form an integral part of the risk management and Ground Control efforts in order to provide the most effective technical support which results in maximum return for the company.
1. In conjunction with requirements from the section heads, define and recommend the types of technical systems to be installed, their relative distribution and integration into the Mine’s communication backbone to ensure they are consistent with company's long-term monitoring strategy.
2. Help to develop and control long and short-term plans of the monitoring and direct their systematic implementation, to ensure the achievement of the department's and company's goals.
3. Propose related operating and capital budgets, and ensure it results in maximum return for the company by reviewing and controlling the budget.
4. Assist to direct, plan, monitor, and evaluate the section activities in all areas of Ground Control and monitoring to ensure all works meet the quality and cost standard and the effectiveness of resources utilization is in accordance with priorities and aligned to meet with PTFI’s and GOI (Government of Indonesia) safety compliance.
5. Review, ratify, and prioritize the various components of the monitoring systems being planned and assist in adjudicating the effectiveness of the options being considered against industry best practices.
6. Coordinate and maintain professional relationships with relevant parties within PTFI and external parties who include auditors, consultants and authorities in regard to UG Geotechnical and Hydrology.
7. Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the management reporting system to be derived from the monitoring program and ensure that relevant clients and management are appraised of the results in a timeous and efficient manner. Part of the outputs will include but not limited to assist in the development and maintenance of a mine-wide Hazard Map that highlights areas of concern as well as creating and helping to control action plans based on the monitoring criteria.
8. Help to direct and communicate company's safety and monitoring policies, to ensure subordinates perform their duties accurately, effectively and efficiently in a safe manner.
9. Propose, review, and optimize relevant in-house training to improve the quality of installations and ensure sustainable development of the organization.
10. Provide technical and management guidance for subordinate through training and development, ongoing coaching to prepare for the sustainable employee development to the expanding organization.
11. Provide and facilitate appropriate technology transfer of monitoring methodologies and awareness of key criteria to clients and operations.
12. Monitor and review subordinate's performance and assist them during their activities to minimize possibilities of rework and to ensure compliance with time and quality standards required by the client and the company.
- Bachelor's degree (S1) in a relevant discipline, with at least ten (10) years’ experience in a Mining/Geotechnical related Industry and experience in instrumentation and information management. Alternatively, acceptable tertiary qualifications in instrumentation and communications technology would be considered.
- Rock support and geotechnical experience.
- Instrumentation and Mining background knowledge.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Strong computer and database skills.
- Strong English skills, both oral and written.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Project Management knowledge.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Master’s degree Geological/ Geotechnical related
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer