(This is a contractor position)
Provide technical expertise to set up and implement sustainable system and processes of all Electrical/Instrument aspect, in order to improve national employee skill in Electrical/Instrument activities in accordance with proper installation standards and company's policy and procedures.
Interfaces closely with Gen Supt Ore Flow Construction to ensure power infrastructure required for ore flow construction & commissioning is available at critical milestone dates.
Interfaces and with safety department and is responsible for application of & management of safety performance for all employees in the expansion project team. Ensure compliance to PTFI Fresh standards, Top Ten Risks and SOP’s.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Construction is prone to safety aspects, therefore safety meetings, safety motivation, or safety inspection is a necessary means to promote safety for counterparts or to all persons involved.
- Provide clear guidelines and information regarding construction activities to counterparts and clients for project completion according with customer requirement and support the customer satisfaction.
- The incumbent has to fully understand the detail design and installation of all construction material and complete necessary documentation.
- Review and check mechanical material utilization plan/requirements, including Material Take Offs (MTO) and schedule material delivery accordingly to ensure that material provision is in line with project schedule.
- He/she should keep up with the technology transfer to counterparts of all kind of construction methodology, in order to effectively deal with this challenge.
- Due to ever-changing workloads, locations and types of work. He/she should be able to analyze and handle each project effectively.
- Review and ensure construction project plan, including the project's AFE documents to further plan and schedule of manpower and supervisory responsibility (project breakdown) for construction work to ensure that construction works accommodate all project requirement according to schedule and budgeted man-hours and meets company safety standards and procedures.
- Review and ensure material and equipment utilization plan/requirements, including Material Take Offs (MTO) and schedule material delivery accordingly to ensure that material provision is in line with project schedule.
- Provide input and work closely with cost control and scheduler in prepare and estimate monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for work in all projects to provide target and guidelines for specific work completion (submitted to Cost Controller) to provide specific work completion framework and targets that will further base bonus achievements.
- In coordination with Chief Field Engineering, review and ensure construction design drawings, prepare as-built drawings (whenever necessary changes are made) and control its field construction work to make sure that the as-built construction is according to the design and that required by the client, including ensure proper changes and the revisions are properly recorded and filed.
- Train, develop, and assist construction counterparts with the necessary knowledge and skill requirements to further improve their performance attributes and responsibilities.
- Develop engineering scope & deliverables required for known omissions in engineering for 13.8kV power feed from EBB E-Houses to Crushers and Conveyors, fixed facilities, haulage level, service level, extraction & undercut levels.
- Provide clear scope of responsibilities at interfaces between PTFI & third party contractors to ensure no engineering, procurement or construction scope is missed and battery limits are clearly defined for both GBC and DMLZ mine power systems.
- Prepare detailed project execution plans, construction execution plans, equipment & material management plans, resource loads, equipment needs and develops contract management plans.
- Conduct, control, and coordinate with other field disciplines the field-testing and calibration of related construction work and together with Chief Engineer Startup and Commissioning prepare its handover packages to make sure that clients receive equipment according to design and requirements.
- Provide detailed scope of works documentation for third party contractors to the contracts department for all remaining electrical works on ACIS and the DMLZ/GBC EBB.
- Prepare detailed project execution plans, construction execution plans (Constructability), equipment & material management plans, resource loads, equipment needs and develops contract management plans.
- Provide assistance to UG Expansion project manager on setting priorities and schedule of engineering work, in order to ensure the design master schedule is in place and all engineering deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
- Review the design calculations, drawings, and specifications, in order to ensure compliance with company and government, national and international regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Liaise with superior to review and update standards and procedures, in order to comply with government and international standards and regulations.
- Perform a lead role as a Project Engineer (PE) on the conceptual engineering work of the technically demanding critical or novel engineering projects, in order to ensure these projects are completed successfully and that national engineers gain a wider range of experience.
- Monitor and supervise material take-off (MTO) and ensure project estimates are completed in compliance with the existing procedures in a timely manner with a minimum of errors.
- Review monthly actual activities against the plan and budget, in order to ensure the achievement of department objectives within the allocated resources.
- Communicate, organize, and control the implementation of Company's policies and procedures, in order to ensure department perform their duties in a safe manner and environmentally conscious.
- Develop, monitor, evaluate, and appraise performance and potential capabilities of department, to contribute the development of professional team.