Based in Mauritania, Kinross Tasiast is set to become one of the great gold finds of our generation. It is the first mine in a highly prospective greenstone belt, located within an extensive gold system that is largely underexplored.
Purpose of Role
- Responsible for the acquisition of Services and administration of Contracts, primarily for medium to high range spend and/or medium level risk. Support compliance of Kinross policies and procedures, contract and commercial conditions, and optimizes service times for the company and contractor performance.
- The Services Contracts Administrator will primarily focus on pre-award activities by ensuring a high level of support service to user departments for service bidding, scope development, tendering, contract agreement preparation, follow up and contract administration while applying an ethical, efficient, risk managed, consistent and cost effective approach at every stage of the process.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Duties
- Support the continuous improvement and execution of Kinross Contracting strategy, policies and guidelines in regard to service categories and contracts; is accountable for value-added, cost savings, and other performance metrics.
- Coordinate the service contracting yearly needs with the user areas as well as identify and develop suppliers in the market to support commercial and operational needs.
- Assist in the preparation of Scopes of Work, Supplier pre-qualification for various types of contracts and co-ordinate the evaluation of bids with users and contract owners.
- Develop contract documentation and provide input and suggestions to improve execution practices for activities related to the services category management process.
- Understand and support the implementation of the strategic sourcing methodology and ongoing management of the category.
- Negotiate commercial and contractual conditions and coordinate with contractors to acquire services according to operational requirements, seeking the best possible price, terms of execution and quality in consideration of the Total Cost of Ownership model.
- Execute the supplier relationship management process including but not limited to tracking contractor performance metrics, safety history and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Ensure timely and professional service to user departments in the preparation and evaluations of bids, negotiation with suppliers, and recommendation to management for approvals.
- Participate in training presentations and courses for users and contractors in order to communicate Kinross contracting policies and procedures.
- Know and comply with the current Mining Safety and Health regulations and Loss Prevention procedures of Kinross.
- Demonstrate social awareness, commitment and compliance with Kinross Social Responsibility Policy, always showing a socially responsible behavior with the Community and with the Company.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessary all-inclusive.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
- TMLSA Contracts Administrator is accountable for the spend and Supplier performance and relationship under the category of responsibility and is required to interpret the needs and determine the requirements of User Departments which requires a strong emphasis on appropriate planning, contracting strategies, accurate documentation, disciplined tendering and administration processes and strong coordination and user interface and support.
- The Contracts Administrator will manage their own performance expectations towards the achievement of SCM customer service objectives while working with Site Supply, Materials Coordinators and End User Departments to determine and anticipate service needs, planned events, project requirements and forecasting requirements.
Working Conditions and Environmental Factors
- Collaboration and interaction is expected across the Regional supply chain organization as well as across other service and operational areas of Kinross.
- The position is located in the Nouakchott Office.
- Position will be required to travel to, and assist domestic and international sites
- Travel to Tasiast site as required (approx. 1 time per month)
- To work the hours required to successfully perform in the role.
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- To be a Mauritanian Citizen
- Three (3) to five (5) years of directly related Procurement or Contractor management experience.
- Mining experience preferred
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledge of JDE or equivalent enterprise level software packages is necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Formal professional or technical registration in appropriate area of expertise
- Strong Analytical and Negotiation skills
- Ability to break down problems into components
- Customer orientated with Interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Able to read, write and speak English, with some French advantageous
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with limited supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on shipment volume and priorities
Deliver Result – Completes tasks and takes accountability for own actions. Achieves excellence in customer service
Personal Awareness – Understands how own behaviors and actions impacts others
Leadership – Directs team towards achievement of goals and objectives. Communicates effectively in groups and teams
Continuous Improvement – Seeks out and drives improvements
Relationship Building – Builds productive business relationships across multiple functions
Only applications from Mauritanian citizens that hold appropriate working rights will be considered
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.