Based in Mauritania, Kinross Tasiast is set to become one of the great gold finds of our generation. It is the first mine in a highly prospective greenstone belt, located within an extensive gold system that is largely underexplored.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Duties
The Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. The network engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. The role also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations: more specifically:
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- The design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including but not limited to IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, EtherChannel
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network administrators on network optimization.
- Develop detailed implementation plans to accommodate network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment
- Monitor network implementation, providing support in an timely and accurate manner; know and support approved corporate and departmental policies relating to business procedures
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
- Analyze data traffic patterns within network infrastructure, detecting operational problems and recommending improvements to ensure optimal performance
- Proactively identify symptoms and instabilities in a timely and accurate manner to include performing analysis, capacity planning, and testing for organizations network environment
- Provide network security by configuring routers, switches, firewalls etc. according to company security standards
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Undertaking data and voice network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources.
Network Engineer Skills and Qualifications
- Network Design and implementation
- Network Troubleshooting
- Network Hardware configuration
- Problem solving
- LAN, WAN and WLAN knowledge
- Organizational skills
- Fluency in English and good command of French
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience minimum 5 years
- Valid non-expired Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching certification. Cisco CCNP Security certification also valued.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QOS, 802.1x, VLAN, VxLAN, EtherChannel, VPC,…) and ability to troubleshoot these protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot multicast traffic designs and VoIP solutions. Cisco UCM, UPS and Unity are also valued.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience required with Cisco ASA-X series and Cisco Sourcefire IPS standalone and cloud solutions.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools, Cisco Prime experience, Extreme Networks Wing solutions and SolarWinds are mandatory.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine knowledge and experience required, ability to troubleshoot authentication and NAC issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Cisco Umbrella, AMP and Anyconnect knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Highly experienced in deployment of wireless LAN solutions, including but not limited to WLAN, PtP, PtmP. Microwave technologies are also a must.
- Deep understanding and experience in DataCenter design, including SDN and cutting-edge Cisco technologies such as APIC-EM. Experience on installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Nexus Series switches and Cisco ASR series routers.
- Load Balancer hands-on, configuration and installation is required. Specific Elfiq devices are a must.
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming, Ansible libraries and netconf, as long as regex patterns creation and modification are mandatory.
Only applications from Mauritanian citizens that hold appropriate working rights will be considered
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.