Teranga is a Canadian-based gold producer with a pipeline of West African assets in production, development and exploration on more than 5,000 square kilometers of land located on prospective gold belts. Our vision is to become a multi-jurisdictional West African gold producer with a portfolio of assets offering diversified production with strong margins and sustainable free cash flows.
Since its 2010 IPO, Teranga has produced over 1.2 million ounces of gold from its operating gold mine in Senegal. The Company is currently completing an updated feasibility study for the fully permitted Banfora Gold project in Burkina Faso, with expected completion mid-2017. In 2016, Teranga acquired exploration permits in Ivory Coast. The Company believes these properties – and potential future mining rights that may be acquired – will provide a further pipeline of future growth opportunities.
Concurrent with production and development activities, exploration programs are underway at its most prospective properties to increase its reserve base through resource conversion and new discoveries. Furthermore, the Company has a solid balance sheet and a strong social license to continue to grow its business.
This is a 2-year contract, fly-in/ fly-out role in Senegal: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time or 6 weeks on / 3 weeks off roster with travel on employee time.
Summary of Role
The Human Resources Manager is a key senior management role that works collaboratively with management at our mine site and our Corporate HR team to establish and implement both strategic and business plans to move the company toward achieving its Human Resources and Training & Development (T&D) objectives.
The incumbent develops, leads and implements key elements of the Company’s HR strategy while providing day-to-day management of the HR Department, which includes the training and development function.
· Provide strategic HR leadership in collaboration with the Director, Human Resources (Corporate) on all elements of HR services and support including T&D.
· Develop, implement and promote Human Resources initiatives, which further the strategic goals of the company.
· Lead new, or make changes to existing, programs or processes for the company.
· Build strong partnerships with leaders and managers throughout the organization by providing effective consultation on strategic and operational people issues.
· Manage the site based HR and T&D team to ensure delivery of services.
· Provide oversight of all core HR services including recruitment & selection, compensation and benefits, job and salary classification system, employee relations, Workers’ Committee management, HR policies and procedures, etc.
· Identify site wide and departmental HR (including T&D) needs and formulate and execute the company’s strategic HR plan across departments aligned to the operation’s and Company’s business objectives and the Company’s strategic Balanced Operations Plan.
· Ensure alignment of HR strategic objectives with the Company’s CSR initiatives and focus.
· Collaborate with the site management team and Director, HR to develop and implement progression and succession plans and goals.
· Lead the development and implementation of progression planning for all local roles, including the development of role competency models detailing skills and requirements for all job categories & positions.
· Coordinate and oversee implementation of all internal and external, training as required including identifying and organizing appropriate facilitators/training.
· Identify and manage training providers, both within and outside of Senegal as required; provides oversight, consultation and final sign-offs on all technical training that occurs on site.
· Monitor, evaluate and report on the impact of training and development progress against the achievement of business objectives.
· Manage the Company sponsored graduate and technical trade programs in association with identified Company and government stakeholders.
· Manage the site wide HR/ T&D budget and ensure that all training initiatives are motivated and approved by the Site Operations Manager.
· Ensure HR /T&D reporting capabilities meet the need of key internal and external stakeholders.
· Ensure frequent review of the site incentive schemes for all employees including senior site management to ensure alignment with company objective and scorecards as well as administration of cyclical incentive payments.
· Ensure Senegalese labour legislation compliance; liaise with Senegalese labour inspectorate on regional and central level regarding Senegalese labour legislation compliance.
· Oversee quality and on time submission of regular government HR reports.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
· Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, HR or related field and ideally tertiary qualification in training and development; minimum 10 years’ related experience with 5 years’ at a management level; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working on mining sites in developing countries (preferably French speaking Africa)
· Bilingualism in French & English is required
· Demonstrated experience developing and implementing HR and T&D plans & programs
· Expertise in developing training programs and related assessment tools
· Demonstrated ability and experience in training & development practices including methodology, benchmarking, assessment, and program development and implementation
· Ability to monitor and evaluate training and development programs at all levels
· Experience identifying and managing external training providers
· Demonstrated experience developing and implementing workplace/career progression systems, as well as contributing to operational and expatriate to national succession processes.
· Understanding of legislative requirements related to training & development
· Ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse workplace
· Proven facilitation and presentational skills
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, and internet access .
If you experience difficulties submitting your CV online, please email your CV to the HR Team at Teranga Gold at firstname.lastname@example.org