Round Mountain is an open-pit mine located in Nevada, one of the best mining jurisdictions in the world. The mine uses conventional open-pit mining methods and processes ore by mill and heap leach.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Planning Superintendent, the Planner/Scheduler is responsible to follow planning and scheduling guidelines that promote timely execution of the maintenance plan as per the Kinross Way for Managing Maintenance program.
Maintenance Planning/Scheduling is the process of ensuring work is ready for execution with all parts, resources and permit requirements in place, so the work can be performed safely and efficiently. The Planner/Scheduler communicates this information with all concerned parties in Maintenance and Operations. This work is critical to achieve site production goals and the maintenance function in particular.
Maintenance Planners/Schedulers will monitor the process of identifying work and regularly provide integrity feedback and statistics for their planning area and calculate performance measures in accordance with the Kinross Way.
- Develop and facilitate an overall maintenance strategy that ensures production goals are achieved.
- Long and short range planning activities.
- Maintain up to date history for each piece of equipment.
- Schedule work orders related to routine maintenance (predictive and preventive) and corrective maintenance, identifying and securing the required resources (maintainers, materials, spare parts, tools, instruments and equipment), time involved, safety recommendations, procedures and technical information.
- Monitor and control the backlog.
- Develop and validate with both Maintenance and Operations the weekly maintenance schedule.
- Complete the procurement process of work orders.
- Agreeable to act as a backup Lead man.
- Analyze the deviations reported by maintenance supervisors, identifying the causes and propose corrective actions to minimize and / or update maintenance plans.
- Suggest updates of Bill of Materials (BOM’s) and Associated Part Lists (APL’s) based on information supplied by field maintenance and supplies.
- Maintain a high commitment to personal safety and integrity of the environment and equipment during the planning of work orders.
- Coordinate and ensure alignment with Planning, Scheduling, Execution and Supply Chain.
- Recommend the updating of the maintenance guidelines in accordance with information provided by maintenance supervisors and supplies (materials, parts and times).
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality and environmental policies.
Education and Experience
- Thorough understanding of JD Edwards Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), work management and scheduling business processes as per the Kinross Way.
- Good math and problem solving skills.
- Mechanical understanding of mining and heavy equipment to support effective decision making in overall business management.
- Must be proficient in CMMS company proprietary software, including Microsoft Office Applications, JD Edwards and MS Project.
- Comprehensive understanding of condition monitoring information such as oil analysis, magnetic plug inspections, and oil filter inspections. Interpret these results and form corrective action plans to minimize breakdowns and maximize value.
- Preferred 5 years maintenance experience.
- 2 years maintenance managing experience such as crew lead, supervisor.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Strategic Effectiveness
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
- External Engagement
Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
- Business Focus
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
- Living the Kinross Values
Aligning behavior, decisions, and actions with Kinross values and principles.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
• Reports to the Planning Superintendent
Career Framework and Level
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.