- Advance your career and be a part of a leading mining company in Laos
- Prepare sound medium term mining schedules, pit and dump designs and contribute in strategic mine planning
- Live in Laos and enjoy a fabulous expatriate lifestyle – attractive drive in, drive out roster from Vientiane Capital
Reporting to the Mine Planning Superintendent, you will focus on the provision of delivering excellent medium term mining plans at the Phu Kham projects. Although this role has no direct reports, you will be required to provide technical support, coaching and mentoring to the relatively inexperienced, but very keen and willing, local Lao workforce. Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the relatively young, but very keen and willing, local Lao workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of medium term plans, designs and schedules that are well aligned with company long term strategies and targets
- Well defined, attainable, and reliable 3-month rolling schedules that are well understood by short term planners and mining supervisors
- Well defined, attainable, and reliable 3-yr budget schedules that are well aligned with company’s long term strategies (LOMP)
- Costs and physicals associated to the budget schedule
- Maintenance of and further development of tools for the measurement of planning performance and plan compliances
- Building all necessary components to run a good and reliable mining schedule (ie. Pit stages, production profile assumptions, fleet capacities and drill and blast processes
- Initiate improvements in drill and blast engineering areas
- Continue to develop and refine of drill and blast policies, standards and procedures specific to PKM operations
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A degree qualification in Mining Engineering with considerable experience as a senior engineer in open cut operations
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- Expertise in Surpac, MineSched software is an advantage
- The ability to think outside the box
- Highly motivated and excellent team player
- Good leadership ability, with a commitment to developing our National employees
- Unwavering commitment to safety
This is an exciting time to join PanAust, a copper and gold producer in Laos with pre-development opportunities in Laos, Papua New Guinea, Myanmar and Chile. PanAust’s producing assets are the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and the Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation, located in Laos and managed by our subsidiary company, Phu Bia Mining. Both of these operations are delivering strong production performance which is expected to rise steadily over the next few years. The strategic direction of the Company is to maximise returns from its producing assets while advancing pre-development projects that offer potential to sustain and grow the business in the long term.
Laos is a safe, developing country, located in the heart of South East Asia. It is bordered by Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and China, making it the ideal base for expatriates to explore the region on their breaks. Vientiane, the capital city, offers an attractive lifestyle for expatriate families, with modern housing options and facilities including international schools, an impressive range of restaurants, gyms, day spas, sports clubs and weekend getaways.
PanAust offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to advance their career by contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the operations, standards, systems and processes that will underpin our future growth. By joining our team, you will play an important role in developing our highly motivated Lao national workforce in line with our commitment to localisation. As an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions.
We offer an attractive salary package including housing and children’s education allowance, performance bonus, medical and insurance cover.
This role is based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, located approximately 120km north of Vientiane and is offered on an attractive drive in, drive out roster. Transport to and from site is provided by the company, with travel in company time. Our modern mine camp provides a range of Western and Asian food, along with sport and recreational facilities, including football pitch, gym, pool tables and wet mess.
Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation is a conventional open pit mine producing approximately 70,000 tonnes of copper concentrate annually. The process plant, upgraded to a design capacity of 19 million tonnes per annum, comprises a SAG mill and two ball mill grinding circuits, each rated at 13 mega watts, with copper and precious metal recovery by flotation.