1. Develop Tailings Management Plan policies and guidelines to provide a clear direction to all PTFI's divisions regarding the tailing management issues, in line with company visions, values and strategies.
2. Provide Technical Expertise in the management of the TRMP Department, associated contractors/consultants, and to PTFI Senior Management to ensure that PTFI TRMP provides for the Tailings Management Plan (TMP) as required and is in accordance with the PTFI Policy and relevant GOI Approvals/Permits.
3. Provide technical expertise in the direction, management and control of all field construction work activities including cost control/cost scheduling, administration and RKL/RPL reporting to ensure that all construction works are done according to the project plan, in a most efficient cost, in a satisfactorily and timely manner.
4. Provide technical expertise in the direction, management and control investigation work of the levee design and the overall system design.
5. Provide technical expertise in the direction, management and control of all surveys equipment and activities. Monitor whether they are working properly and according to the set schedules to ensure that accurate and timely data are acquired.
6. Provide technical expertise in the direction, management and control of all laboratory tests and other activities to ensure that valid and accurate physical and geochemical data analysis are consistently produced, as a basis of necessary decision making.
7. Provide technical expertise in the direction, management and coordination related to any improper tailing materials composition to come up with correction suggestions and/or actions.
8. Provide technical expertise in the support of the Chief Technical Advisor to PTFI Senior Management to further develop the PTFI Tailings Management policy to reflect changing Operational, Environmental and Political impacts/circumstances.
9. Provide technical expertise in the direction, management and control division budget including the cost control process, cash flow forecast and forecasting of final cost in each project to ensure all expenditures are at the maximum efficiency.
10. Ensure budgetary and construction plans, as well as Equipment Replacement Plans from Fleet Management, adequately commit to the resources required to successfully complete planned works for the TRMP levee and sediment retention operations.
11. Assist in development of adequate systems and communication channels within PTFI to fully embrace corporate, operations and site objectives and strategy for the TRMP scope-of-work.
12. Ensure the TRMP scope-of-work and day-to-day activities are aligned with PTFI corporate objectives and site requirements.
13. Continued development of the Tailings Management Plan (TMP) to suit PTFI Tailings Management Policy and to manage everything necessary to ensure that the TMP is implemented in a safe manner to ensure full compliance with both PTFI Policy and GOI approvals/permits.
14. Technical Adviser to PTFI Management on PTFI Tailings Management Policy.
- Bachelor’s degree (S1) in Engineering with minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in construction, geotechnical, hydro-geological, environmental and mining engineering as part of key core requirement.
- Suitable senior engineering and project management background, education, and titles to support the background required.
- Demonstrable record of senior achievement in mining, construction or industrial company.
- Measurable skills in working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrable background working within a multicultural environment.
- Physical capacity to allow for stressful work situations and for outdoor work in extreme rain and heat.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong English skills, both oral and written.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High level communication and presentation skills.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer