Assist the Superintendent of DMLZ Planning with the preparation, revision and analysis of mine plans for DMLZ project. The mine plans will integrate operational, geological, geotechnical and metallurgical information in a proposed mining sequence that will respond to the strategic requirement of the DMLZ Mine.
1. Support planning group in the use of Block Cave schedulers during the preparation and revision of production plans to ensure scheduling is done properly.
2. Coordinate with the Superintendent and the subordinate to assure the accountability of the mine plans by proper reporting on reserves, production and metal forecasts.
3. Conduct site studies for the project based on existing operations; to ensure that sound planning criteria and assumptions are including in the plans, updated, and that agreed upon parameters are being used.
4. Conduct risk analysis on the mine plan and propose contingency measures to mitigate potential negative impacts.
5. Support in the estimate of resources (manpower, equipment, capital) required to sustain the long-term plans.
6. Work closely with the DMLZ Engineering department updating long-term project schedule in order to have a good understanding of plans between sections.
7. Review, analyze the current planning system, and suggest improvement opportunity to the advisee to create effective planning.
8. Guide, monitor, and control department safety programs tracking of departmental safety accountabilities, regular safety inspections, identifying new safety approaches, etc., in order to achieve and ensure that all safety procedures are met.
9. Through experience and work, the candidate is expected to contribute to the project with the multiple dimensions of mine production planning; involving operational, geotechnical, geological, risk and economical aspects to the plan.
10. The candidate is expected to directly produce and assist in delivering results by mentoring personnel from DMLZ Engineering section.
11. In order to maintain a good relationship and communication with internal and external departments the incumbent should be able manage employees with different levels of education and cultural experiences, and be able to adjust to a busy and demanding work environment.
12. Develop and mentor all employees, with focus on nationals, to improve their skills, knowledge and experience in order to support the ongoing Underground Mines Expansion Program.
13. Recommend changes to the development and construction schedules to support production plan.14. Request for specific studies to support mitigation plans.
- Bachelor’s degree (S1) in Mining Engineering with minimum ten (10) years of proven experience in planning for and/or operation of world class Block/Panel Cave mining operations.
- Skilled in mine planning and scheduling software packages such as Gemcom/PCBC, M24D/EPS or similar.
- Understand the implementation of development and construction plans for new underground mines.
- The ability to communicate and influence operations employees to ensure plan is executed in accordance with priority and overall mining strategy.
- The ability to coach, mentor, and train a team of engineers.
- Computer skills (e.g. Vulcan, Autocad, MS Office, etc.).
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong English skills, both oral and written.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High level communication and presentation skills.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer