Support the General Superintendent of operations with the development and operation of the DOZ and DMLZ Minegem Remote Systems. This includes resolving substantial technical challenges, defining and developing the skill sets operations requires utilizing remote equipment to achieve the determined production targets in a safe and efficient manner within the allocated budget and in compliance with company's policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
1. Direct, communicate and control company's safety, health and environmental policies and procedures including conduct safety meeting, in order to promote subordinates awareness of safety and environmental issues especially working in Underground, which has a high-risk environment.
2. Support the direction and control of wet muck production activities including Minegem and Minestar implementation and improvement work to ensure they are executed in a safe and efficient manner and ensure the targets are achieved and in compliance with the determined plan from Underground Engineering Department.
3. Work with OEM and underground engineering to drive the technology development towards the high reliability, high productivity, lower cost system it is capable of becoming.
4. Investigate and set up better way to improve wet muck productivity included effective working hours, reporting, and effective supervision within the DOZ Mine to determine correct practices required in the DMLZ Mine.
5. Develop Minestar systems and protocols to ensure draw compliance at wet muck area is at 80% plus.
6. Develop and implement a strategy to use MineStar and MineSite technology included integration with supporting remote systems such as remote mobile rock breakers and water cannons.
7. Develop and implement training session in regards to production automation with stress on safety, quality and compliance. The classes would be administered to all new coming employees including transfers.
8. Create better operating reports required for Minegem operation with emphasis on individual, crew and mine performance.
9. Help control operation budget to prevent over budget expenditure and ensure the unit cost target is achieved.
10. Manage and control communication or information linking between upper level management and lower level staff to prevent misunderstanding which can be impacted to wet muck production achievement.
11. Develop and initiate a strategic plan to support wet muck production in line with UG Engineering Long-Term Plan.
12. Develop, mentor, motivate and appraise performance and potential capabilities of MineGem operations team members to contribute to the development of professional team.
- Bachelor’s degree (S1) in Mechanical or Mining Engineering or related subject with a minimum of ten (10) years proven experience in underground mining operations with a strong focus on remote mining equipment.
- Alternatively, a minimum of fifteen (15) years proven applicable technical mining experience in remote technologies without formal qualifications.
- Experience in setting up performance systems, running projects and business management.
- Proven experience in collaborating with diverse teams.
- Familiar with advanced technology and underground mining
- Familiar with dispatching systems.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong English skills, both oral and written.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High level communication and presentation skills.
- Concern for Safety and Environment - An underlying drive to create a safe working environment and prevention of accidents in the surrounding environment.
- Achievement Orientation - Highly oriented in achieving targets and improving performance; creates own measures of excellence, meticulous in ensuring accuracy of work.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Experience in UG Block Caving Mines preferable
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer