This role requires someone with wire rope experience on Gondolas, people movers, ski lift type maintenance experience. The incumbent in this role will develop, manage and oversee practices for Tram Maintenance and Operation. Maintenance responsibilities include Tram Mechanical Systems, Rigging and Tram’s track and haul rope change out, troubleshooting in cooperation with the Electric Team. Participate in maintenance programs for Tram-Rope Tramways Maintenance to assist maintenance team to understand new equipment such as upgraded electrical and control systems. The T.E. Tram Mechanical Maintenance will report to and assist the Tram Mechanical Superintendent. The incumbent will also work alongside the Tram General Foreman, Foreman and contractor mechanics by passing on knowledge on the technical and maintenance strategies for Tram Maintenance and Operation.
1. Develop strategies for Tram-Rope Tramways Maintenance and Operations. The tram system is an aging system and requires a high level of expertise for it to be kept operational. Both tram’ are required to be operational until 2041. Tram #1 was commissioned in 1971 and Tram #2 in 1989.
2. Work in the field to assist mechanics in daily maintenance and overhaul of the tram.
3. Work with riggers in Tram’s rope change out.
4. Work with rope inspectors in Tram’s roper NDT (Non-Destructive Test) and inspections.
5. Actively involved in Tram troubleshooting with Electricians.
6. Oversee upgrade and engineering activities for trams.
7. Make sure engineering and non-destructive testing is performed properly to ensure tram is in a safe working order.
8. Develop, manage control any upgrades to tram system so tram is up to date with latest technologies and safety features.
9. Using accepted practices, ensure adequate inventories are procured and stocked. Working with Materials, develop adequate storage practices.
10. Develop and implement training programs to develop and enhance the workforce on the new equipment.
11. Manage expenditures, budgets, forecasts and planned work for Tram.
12. Setup new maintenance practices required for equipment and develop JSA and SOP’s that ensure proper maintenance practices are installed.
13. Provide guidance and managerial support for senior staff to develop them and teach them how to maintain the new equipment.
14. Institute sound inspection procedures and PdM practices to ensure a safe well maintained system.
15. Ensure data logs are kept that comply with applicable regulatory agencies.
- Responsibility for Tram Mechanical Maintenance, rigging skills in Tram rope change out, GBC Hoist and Shaft Mechanical Maintenance.
- Installing the systems and practices to ensure the life of the Tram systems thru 2041.
- Adhering to budgeted costs and schedules
- Liaising with the OEM on technical issues and warranty
- Ensuring personnel are adequately trained upon startup of new equipment.
- Develop and implementing data logs that meet regulations.
- Ensuring construction schedules are met and new installations are of good quality.
- Ensure safe operation of Tram man-haul conveyance.
Bachelor’s (S1) Degree or Diploma with Trade Certificate in relevant engineering discipline, with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with Tramways – Rope Transport maintenance with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory position on tramways.
Formal mechanical training inclusive of OEM with completion of Tram OEM training programs.
Mechanical Maintenance experiences preferably in ropeways transportation.
High degree of knowledge in mechanical-electrical interface for Tram safety control system (limit switches, load cell, etc.)
Strong Mechanical experience in hydraulics, bearing, gearbox, alignment work NDT (Non-Destructive Testing), facilities.
Ability to development and implantation of PM and PCR programs for Trams.
Ability to oversee repair activities and deciding on proper course of action.
Ability to set priorities for maintenance and repair of equipment.
Strong working experience with OEM on machine technical changes and improvements.
Ability to set direction for the workforce in conjunction with a National Supervisor.
Strong experience to develop budgets and PCR schedules for major equipment.
Strong experience with Tram maintenance, Rigging skills in Tram Rope change out.
High degree of knowledge in rope inspection and rigging work.
Strong knowledge in Code or Standard related to ropeways transportation is a plus.
Strong experience and knowledge with Hoist and shaft mechanical maintenance.
Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Strong analytical thinking skills.
Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
Strong computer skills.
Strong English skills, both oral and written.
High level communication skills.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
COSCO is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer