The Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT and Investor Relations.
The Kinross Corporate Supply Chain Team is responsible for managing complex global initiatives involving commercial management, technology enablement and policy governance in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. Specifically, the Data Management Specialist, Supply Chain is a brand new role for the Kinross Supply Chain Organization and will partner with sites and internal stakeholders to design, develop and optimize a centrally managed master data management program, complementing our enterprise ERP and supporting systems.
For the successful candidate, you will be paving the way for Kinross’ Master Data Management transformation. The early days of this role will be supporting the technical and business process design of a Global Master Data Management system deployment. You will subsequently own this system, Kinross’ Material Master Data Stewardship program as well as various supply chain reporting & analysis activities. You will act as the designated technical and business process expert and leverage your expertise to standardize and optimize Kinross’ global Material Master Data set. You will characterize a roll up the sleeves, servant leadership approach to supporting and educating your customers and stakeholders.
As the designated subject matter expert, you will be relied upon to develop Kinross Material Master Data Management strategy and elevate Kinross’ overall Supply Chain capabilities
Supply Chain Master Data Governance
- Be an agent of change for Kinross Master Data Management transformation.
- Be the authority of Kinross’ Material Master Data standards, processes & policies, including keeping them current.
- Operate as the ongoing global Master Data Gatekeeper for new record creation, modification and supersession.
- ERP Material Data Quality Owner: Item Master, Item Branch, Item Cross Reference Tables
- Steer Kinross’ Material Master Data landscape to seamlessly enable new business applications and data integration as a result of potential M&A activity.
Supply Chain Master Data Stewardship
- Be the Global Supply Chain Master Data Steward in a trailblazing fashion.
- Own multiple internal and external relationships and regularly collaborate with sites and stakeholders to continuously improve the fitness of all Material Data elements.
- Global data construction to optimally represent our individual sites’ needs as well as the total enterprise.
- Lead the development and ongoing facilitation of a Supply Chain Data Stewardship Council for Kinross.
- Leverage your expertise and supporting tools to reduce data duplication to insignificance.
- Leveraging Kinross’ governance platform, condition external data assets from suppliers or that of M&A activity for adoption and integration to Kinross ERP.
- Continuously identify, define and resolve issues and recommend solutions and best practices to improve Material Master Data linkage with Maintenance, Finance & Operations for smoother transaction management.
Global Business Process Ownership
- Develop standardized global processes to create, modify and supersede material data records.
- Ongoing ownership and optimization of item attributes, hierarchies, UDCs, G/L Class etc. for the enterprise.
- Ensure robust practices for optimizing cross reference tables with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Project Facilitation and Functional Training
- Be a Key Project Team resource for process and definition, design and deployment.
- Project 1: Design, deploy & adopt a Master Data Management system.
- Project 2: Legacy material standardization and enrichment.
- Be the centralized point of contact for leveraging Material Master Data in reporting and planning.
Reporting and Analysis
- Design and deliver Supply Chain Master Data Metrics for ongoing performance and sustainable data quality.
- Facilitate the development of actionable inventory & spend KPIs to deliver value back to the business.
- Own Master Data KPI reporting, ensuring that actionable feedback is derived from the data and analysis provided.
- Develop and share reporting tools to assist with inventory and spend visibility.
- Be a key point of contact for data extraction and presentation from the enterprise reporting tool.
Demonstrate Corporate Responsibility
- Understands and complies with Kinross’ Environmental, Health & Safety and Supply Chain policies/procedures.
- Demonstrates awareness, commitment and compliance with Kinross Social Responsibility Policy, always leading by example employing socially responsible behavior with the Communities in which Kinross operates and within the Company.
- Represents the Supply Chain organization in cross functional companywide collaborative projects.
- Comply with and promotes the Kinross Global Supply Chain Policy.
- Understands and complies with Kinross’ Guiding Principles for Corporate Responsibility.
The above key accountabilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5-8 years of related Supply Chain or Master Data Management experience with both field and corporate influence.
- Experience in advanced Supply Chain industries including: Automotive, Electronics, CPG, Retail or E-commerce.
- Prior knowledge of, or comfort level working in heavy industries or natural resources.
- Experience within a large multinational decentralized organization an asset.
- Fluency working with Master Data Management Software.
- Prior knowledge of JD Edwards an asset, enterprise ERP experience a must.
- Proficiency with Microstrategy, Think-Cell or related software an asset.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to measure success through data and metrics.
- Strong command of English; written and spoken
- Proficiency in Arabic, French, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish an asset.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.