We are seeking a highly experienced Mobile Maintenance Superintendent at Chirano Gold Mines. Must be experienced in surface and underground mobile equipment.
Chirano operates a mixed fleet of equipment with UG equipment
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction to ensure all maintenance activities involving physical assets within a defined area of operations, are executed safely by competent maintenance personnel in accordance with work schedules, relevant standards and work instructions.
You will lead the maintenance execution teams and promote operating discipline related to the work management processes ensuring teams understand the value of work management processes and related metrics. You will also ensure maintenance personnel are fully competent to work effectively and safely and facilitate performance reviews.
Position reports to Engineering and Maintenance Manager, with dotted line to Operations Manager.
- Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, ensures safety at each work place
- Provide management and guidance on maintenance issues
- Demonstrate compliance to the Mine Operating System (MOS) by role modelling and setting clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency. Coach and measure functional, sub-functional and individual role accountabilities and performance against the MOS holding individuals and teams accountable.
- Ensure the safe operational integrity of plant is maintained at all times without being compromised
- Leading Maintenance in the delivery of safe work practices that comply with the site health and safety management system;
- Delivering against the short and long range forecast and budget for Safety, Performance and Cost;
- Developing planning capability to ensure that accurate work management plans are produced and aligned to the corresponding mine plans and short range forecasts
- Enabling Superintendents and their teams to deliver the plan and react to unplanned maintenance activities;
- Managing costs to budget and is accountable for rectifying variances
- Maintain the underground mobile equipment and plant in a safe and reliable condition
- Actively participate in a positive attitude towards safety
- Ensure all equipment damage is managed and communicated to operations management
- Work to and exceed KPI's in relation to maintenance expectations
- Conduct and coordinate daily, weekly, monthly inspections
- Creating and leading a continuous improvement culture to deliver a best in class asset management outcome.
- Deputize Engineering and Maintenance Manager in all areas of Engineering Department responsibility when required
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in behavior based safety systems and proven safety leadership experience.
- Significant experience with computerized maintenance systems is essential
- Strong background leading maintenance teams within the underground mechanized mining.
- Significant experience with Sandvik jumbos, solos, cat loaders
- Experienced in delivering sustainable business improvement projects to equipment, systems and people.
Education and Experience
- Engineering / Technical tertiary qualification and / or trade qualification.
- Substantial experience in Maintenance of an underground gold/base metal mine
- Substantial supervisory experience managing teams
- Experience in contractor management
- Budget responsibility at a departmental team level
- Ability to influenced and obtain agreed solutions with internal and/or external stakeholders
- Understanding of risk management processes and tools.
- Capacity to assess competing priorities and make sound decisions based on business requirements.
- Understanding of best practice work management principles and processes.
- Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance concept
• 10-15 years of related work experience
• Expert knowledge and experience of engineering techniques as they apply to ore body evaluation and mine operations
• Expert knowledge and experience of mining and the integration of the mining, milling, and maintenance functions
• Expert knowledge and experience of developing policies and procedures relating to safety, the environment, and individual and organizational development
• Familiar with industry and local health/ safety/ environmental regulations, as they relate to mining operations
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Good working Knowledge of MS Office