Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the incumbent will manage the corporate IT client services organization and the global governance of the Incident Management process. He/she will lead a team of IT professionals and contractors to deliver client service support to the corporate and select regional office locations and users.
The incumbent will require solid knowledge of ITIL Service Support and Service Delivery practices. Areas of focus will include Incident and Service Management. They will lead the process definition and implementation of these capabilities, including configuration of the required technical tools.
Manage Day-to-Day operation of all Client Service domains for all corporate office locations.
- Ensure All IT Client Services are meeting all business requirements. This requires:
- Superior communication and documentation skills
- Superior inter-personal skills
- Strong management and leadership skills: people, process, and technology
- Strong Time Management and Project Management Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Technologies: Windows, SharePoint, Office, and Exchange
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Switch and Telephony technologies
- A strong acumen and focus on IT security best practices
Develop and Maintain global standards and best practices for Incident Management
- Work with IT stakeholders to continually mature the IT Incident Management process through continuous improvement of governance controls, guidelines, principles and quality practices;
- Make recommendations for automation and process improvement and implement within own area or share them with Process Owner;
- Ensure that all customers, support staff and Service Desk staff are trained and provided with the appropriate documentation and information to execute on the processes
- Work closely with the Manager, IT Governance and Standards to complete non-technical administration of the Incident Management process in the IT Service Management software
- Develop, track and report on metrics to ensure effective usage of Incident Management processes throughout the organization
Responsible for the deployment of all key Client Services initiatives.
- This person will manage the planning, coordination, documentation, budget, and communication for all major IT Client Services events.
- Manage IT Client Services within the IT budget and staffing plans. Continuously look for process efficiencies and savings
To assess the current and future technological needs of IT Client Services in support of all business requirements and strategies.
- Analyzes the current technologies in place, determines areas for improvement, and builds on successes
- Researches new technologies and assesses their applicability to Kinross’ IT Operations and future objectives
- Attends technological conferences and meets with technology providers outside of the company to gather information on new technologies and determine their applicability to Kinross’ operations and business objectives as it supports the development of the overall Corporate IT Client Services Strategy.
Manage a team of IT professionals and Vendors
- The person will also be responsible for the management of all external partner relationships, for both performance and cost.
- Manage a team of IT personnel that will report to this role in a solid line capacity.
- Performs annual and mid-year performance reviews for all direct reports, provide direction and guidance to personnel in the department, and determine opportunities for professional development through succession planning and educational opportunities
- Communicate goals and educate department personnel in new technologies and Company systems as needed. Ensure that IT personnel have the tools necessary to execute the IT strategy.
- Builds the capabilities of the team to enhance IT’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategy; hires appropriately, leverages the talents of the function, and takes corrective action where necessary
- The individual will mentor the IT Client support staff around best practices for client management, service desk, audio and video conferencing, security, printing, and client backup/recovery.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS and / or a related field
- Minimum three years experience leading a team of IT professionals
- Minimum of 5 years IT leadership and technical experience
- Experience providing support to remove locations
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification or equivalent professional experience
- Completion of ITIL v3 Service Transition Lifecycle modules or Operational Support & Analysis Capability modules is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of IT security best practices and disaster recovery
- Ability to identify, define, interpret, and resolve medium to complex technical issues
- Previous experience influencing and effectively communicating with internal and external customers, vendors, project teams and senior management
- Previous experience in the mining industry is considered an asset
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese or Russian is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of Service-Now is considered an asset
• Verbal and written fluency in English
• Extensive knowledge of IT project management, technology, vendor offerings and trends
• General understanding of current IT systems and their potential, as well as emerging industry trends and standards in technology
• Strong time management and project management skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Outlook, LAN, VoIP and Telephony services