Provide technical expertise in the construction, installation, and set-up of processing equipment including, but not limited to; conveyors, drive components, pumps, vibrating screens, etc.
Pass on critical knowledge and skills to the PT Freeport National counterparts, mechanics, and construction personnel.
Interfaces closely with construction supervision and management to ensure infrastructure, materials and equipment required for construction & commissioning is available at critical milestone dates.
Interfaces and with safety representatives and frontline supervisors for application of & management of safety performance for all employees and contractors within the Central Services Division. Ensure compliance to PTFI Fresh standards, implementation of Fatality Risk Management, review & understanding of divisional top risks and SOP’s.
- Promote safety at all times setting an example to our employees in providing a safe and productive work environment through regular safety meetings, inspections, training, and general work activities.
- Ensure PTFI environmental standards are maintained in the field.
- Train, develop, and assist construction counterparts with the necessary knowledge and skill requirements to further improve their performance attributes and responsibilities.
- Stay current with up to date technology & skills as to transfer to counterparts so they can effectively deal with the daily challenges.
- Review and check mechanical design drawings and control its field construction work to ensure construction is according to design and the requirements of the client.
- Perform quality control of job installation and equipment set-up in the UG Expansion Projects, processing, & material handling equipment tasks such as; crushing and conveying systems, belt splicing, drive system alignments.
- Provide strategies and recommendations in operational requirements relating to preventative & predictive maintenance programs, breakdowns, retrofit or upgrades to ensure the continuous running of mechanical equipment and reduce downtime.
- Prepare detailed project execution plans, construction execution plans (constructability), equipment & material management plans, resource loads, and equipment needs.
- Review monthly actual activities against the plan and budget to ensure the achievement of department objectives within the allocated resources.
- Bachelor’s degree (S1) in Engineering with ten (10) years of experience in related field or equivalent of education and experience.
- Eight (8) years of experience in heavy industrial maintenance or projects preferably related to mineral processing and material handling (underground experience a plus).
- Six (6) years of experience in managing multidisciplinary projects including materials and resource estimating, project scheduling, and project budget development.
- Clear communicating skills with strong tutorial and demonstrating abilities.
- Advanced technical knowledge of processing equipment and analysis techniques of that equipment.
- Proficient in both mechanical and vulcanized splicing of conveyor belts and the proper alignment, tracking, & troubleshooting of conveyor systems.
- Proficient in the alignment of drives, processing equipment and material handling components using mechanical and laser alignment systems.
- Strong mechanical abilities and working knowledge of processing systems; crushing, conveying, screening, pumping, filtering etc.
- Computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, project scheduling.
- Ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary projects to meet customers' specific performance requirements for quality, cost and completion targets.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment