This is a FIFO role based in Kazakhstan
1. Promote a culture of awareness and commitment to safe working practices amongst all employees and contractors, which will enable a healthy and accident-free working environment.
2. Direct and coordinate activities of the metallurgy department, including mill production, setting of operating parameters, metallurgical accounting, as well as research and development activities and liaising with external contactors;
3. Ability to optimize mill production through leadership and direction of staff and communication and coordination with the operations, training and maintenance groups inside the Concentrator Department and with external groups including the Mining, HSE, Human Resources and Finance Departments.
4. Support and coordinate the development of Concentrator plans, budgets and schedules. Manage the execution of short and long term plans.
5. Ensure metallurgical accounting is accurate and to industry standard.
6. Ensure the assay laboratory achieves results that conform to relevant ISO standards.
7. Lead practices that will focus on reaching operational excellence, efficiency minimal reagent and consumable costs.
8. Develop staff teamwork skills to ensure effective integration with Operations, Maintenance and other Departments of KBL.
9. Define, implement and promote systems, training and standards within the section.
10. Ensure that communications are timely and efficient with regard to concentrator staff, senior management and other groups as appropriate. This communication will include senior site meetings, reports as determined by senior management, programmed coordination meetings with operations and maintenance and other meetings as required.
11. Monitor metallurgy engineering and laboratory employees to ensure that they work efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
12. Work as part of a team to establish and implement departmental policies, objectives and procedures.
13. Provide leadership for subordinate staff, including activities such as preparing work schedules, preparing job descriptions and assigning specific duties and tasks.
14. Select, train and develop candidates for subordinate roles with an eye towards those with exceptional talent for promotional and succession planning opportunity.
15. Lead and mentor the key departmental subordinates to ensure that the operational deliverables are consistently realized within their areas of accountability.
16. Implement other tasks given by Line Manager within own competence.
" Laboratory Superintendent;
" Senior Metallurgist;
" Senior Metallurgist (Clay Plant);
" CRX/Grinding Plant Metallurgist;
" Flotation/Regrind Plant Metallurgist;
" Data Clerk;
" Document Control Clerk.
" All departments of the Company;
" Outside contractors and vendors.
o Know, understand and follow the HSE requirements of all company standards and procedures.
o Take time to identify any hazards associated with their work and the required controls for safe work.
o Stop and ask for help if unsure about hazards and controls.
o Look out for the safety of other workers and intervene if HSE risks appear unacceptable.
o Report all incidents and near misses to the supervisor immediately.
o Ensure that the equipment to be used is in good order and is fit-for-purpose.
o Monitor the task at the frequency needed to ensure that required procedures are being followed and other controls are in place.
In addition are accountable for the safety of all the subordinate people, ensuring they:
o are fit for work;
o have the skills, knowledge, experience and temperament required to work safely;
o understand the required outcomes in terms of quantity, quality and timeframe;
o understand the hazards associated with the task, and their potential consequences; and
o understand, and agree to apply, the procedures or other controls that are needed to manage the hazards.
1. Have working conditions complying with appropriate safety and hygiene standards;
2. Receive true and complete information on working conditions and safety;
3. Receive professional training, retraining and qualification improvement according to the procedure set by Employment Agreement and in accordance with labor legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
4. Have workspace equipped in compliance with health and safety requirements;
5. Be provided with personal and collective protective equipment, special clothing as required by legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on health and safety.
1. For non-execution, low quality or untimely execution of duties as outlined in this job description, employment agreement, internal documents of the Company.
2. For any damage caused to the Company.
3. For violation of the rules of labor regulations and labor discipline of the Company.
4. For failure to safe-keep documents, information, material assets entrusted to the employee for execution of job duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
" Higher technical education with relevant specialization in Metallurgy or Process Engineering or equivalent.
" 5 years of work experience at similar supervisory roles in the design and operation of large milling and flotation plants.
" Experience with the startup of milling operations.
" Proven leadership qualities in technical management of all process related activities (e.g. crushing, grinding, flotation, thickening, tailings storage).
" Direct experience with operations and maintenance to ensure achievement of production targets and budget.
" Knowledge and ability to direct metallurgical staff in optimizing processing and laboratory operations in the areas of milling and flotation of copper and gold ores.
" Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office software and ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP or equivalent.
" Knowledge of the RoK legislative and other normative acts, methodological and other materials relating to production activity.
" Knowledge of the basics of RoK Labor Code, internal work order, HSE rules and regulations, fire safety requirements.
" Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Five S principles.
" Driver's License (B category).
" Ability to prioritize tasks with an unwavering commitment to safety and best practice.
" Ability to lead presentations and discussions around planning and reliability priorities and to maintain composure under stressful situations and make independent decisions.
" Highly developed communication, supervisory, coaching and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
" Skills in report writing and problem solving.
Interested candidates should click on Apply now to forward their application to Daniel Amini at DA Selection